PDA

View Full Version : Places in former Yugoslavia

iricigor
11-26-2005, 02:21 PM
I've notices strange thing about hi-res areas in former Yugoslavia. Only 4 out of 6 capitals are in hi-res, but lots of small towns and even inhabitted areas are! Also a few border passes are in hi-res!

Who from Google gets these hi-res images?

Example from Bosnia: Tuzla (160,000 population) is in lo-res, but only airport (6 miles away) and surrounding places are in hi-res? Who is taking pictures only of airports and not from the cities?

iricigor
11-26-2005, 02:27 PM
List of hi-res cities and town in former Yugoslavia on 26th of November, 2005:

Serbia
Belgrade and surrounding places: Nova Pazova, Padinska Skela, Borca, Ovca, Kaludjerica, Dobanovci, Surcin, Jakovo, Ostruznica, Umka, Obrenovac, Sremcica, Rusanj, Pinosava, Ripanj, Vrcin, lestane, Bolec; Ljubovija; Urosevac; Kacanik

Montenegro
none

FYRO Macedonia
Skopje and Saraj; Brazda

Bosnia & Herzegovina
Bratunac and Svojat; near Tuzla Dubrave (upper and lower,) and Tojsici; Bijeljina and Velika Obarska; Brcko; Doboj and Tesanj, Lukavica; Pale and Koran (no Sarajevo!); Konjic and Bijela; Bosanska Kostajnica and Dobrljin; Velika Kladusa and Mala Kladusa, Podzvizd

Croatia
Dubrovnik; Split and Solin; Zadar and Biograd; Porec; Zageb and Velika Gorica, Sesvete,

Slovenia
Izola; Ljubljana and Vnanje Gorice, Ig, Skofljica, Brezovica, Medvode, Trzin

martin
11-26-2005, 02:48 PM
I'm eagerly waiting for Opatija Area/Kvarner Bay in Hirez, or even better whole Istria ; )

Captain Hornblower
11-26-2005, 04:51 PM
I've notices strange thing about hi-res areas in former Yugoslavia. Only 4 out of 6 capitals are in hi-res, but lots of small towns and even inhabitted areas are! Also a few border passes are in hi-res!

Who from Google gets these hi-res images?

Example from Bosnia: Tuzla (160,000 population) is in lo-res, but only airport (6 miles away) and surrounding places are in hi-res? Who is taking pictures only of airports and not from the cities?

Read this (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3225)

iricigor
11-26-2005, 09:59 PM
I know that I can't ask for more cities. I and was not asking for it.

My point was that only military interesting places are in hi-res, at least in my part of world!
I wanted to discuss what are the "variety of sources" that Google gets imagery from?