PDA

View Full Version : Mexico Metro is my original file!

richardmtl
11-29-2005, 03:04 AM
Hi there,

I don't want to be too, how to put it, "difficult" about this, but the file

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile11911/Estaciones-del-Metro-en-Mexico-(Simple).htm

is basically a copy of my original file,

http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile6643/Mexico-City-Metro-System.htm

with all the text stripped out. This metro map took me many hours to create and perfect, and I'm a little peeved that someone just took it and made a minor change to it, after all the work I put into it. I'm glad that someone thought it was good enough for them to actually want to make a simpler/smaller version of it for convenience's sake, but I dunno, they could have asked me about it, you know? Or maybe given me a little credit. I check my file every day to see how many people downloaded, because I'm actually quite proud of my work, as I'm sure many of you would understand.

So, what would I like? Taking it down would be too extreme, and again, I'm flattered that someone thought it worthwile to make the file "lighter"... So, maybe a link to the original file? Or maybe some credit, at the very least? What do you guys think (site mods, especially).

Thank you for listening to me!

Richardmtl

araT
11-29-2005, 03:36 AM
Hey Richard;

thanks for pointing this out to us, (a) we dont like having duplicate files, and (b) we dont like thieves.. consider it deleted :)

Sorry that it ever made it through the cracks..

T.

richardmtl
11-29-2005, 03:59 PM
Thank you very much for your quick response. I'm glad to see that my work was not completely in vain. ;)

On another note: if I wanted to make some corrections to my original file and I uploaded it, would I lose the number of d/l and the votes associated with it?

Thanks again!

araT
11-30-2005, 01:39 AM
Richard; Just attach the new file here using the "manage attachments" button down the bottom or the new post window and i'll update the .kmz for you - you wont lose any of your votes or d/ls that way :)

T.