PDA

View Full Version : ehm.

Timmetie
11-29-2005, 07:19 PM
are all these huge armies etc looked into? this would be a perfect time to weed out any cheaters? but everywhere i look i see HUGE battles, and i believe the only person legitimatly having huge armies is Tukamotton :)

maxxxheimer
11-29-2005, 07:39 PM
yes, that's right, a lot of cheaters in the game. one hole and you can start taking over the world or what? something's wrong here :whoa:

Beezer
11-29-2005, 07:50 PM
We've actually got several people underinvestigation right now (thanks to all those who have PM'd me with info) and that is part of the reason for the reset hold up (I think). We want to plug any holes/bugs that they have exploited before the reset occurs.

I can assure you they are not going unchecked.

Timmetie
11-29-2005, 07:54 PM
right thanks, good to know someone is up there looking down on us ;)

anthonywitt
11-30-2005, 12:11 AM
Well Beezer the hole was a dangerous hole. I am glad it is fixed and that the ones that found it did no damage. I wish they had not used what they found to gain in the game. I guess its okay to exploit a find and then tell...not the way it used to be.

Anyway I am glad it is fixed.

roswelljam
11-30-2005, 09:36 AM
We've actually got several people underinvestigation right now (thanks to all those who have PM'd me with info) and that is part of the reason for the reset hold up (I think). We want to plug any holes/bugs that they have exploited before the reset occurs.

I can assure you they are not going unchecked.

Why then have the people who have found a loophole and exploited it (and admitted it on these very forums) not had their armies reduced as has happened in the past??

araT
11-30-2005, 10:08 AM
Why then have the people who have found a loophole and exploited it (and admitted it on these very forums) not had their armies reduced as has happened in the past??

Give us a break, would you? We are trying to sort all this out as fast as we can and answering all these posts hassling us is only slowing us down. Everything will return to normal soon enough.

T.

roswelljam
11-30-2005, 12:23 PM
Give us a break, would you? We are trying to sort all this out as fast as we can and answering all these posts hassling us is only slowing us down. Everything will return to normal soon enough.

T.

Didn't mean to come across so badly. Hope you accept my (humble) apologies.

:slant: :slant: :slant: :slant:

araT
11-30-2005, 01:18 PM
Sorry, I'm grumpy too.. every time I refresh this page I have another 10 PMs telling me about the same old cheater ;) apologies accepted, and I hope you accept mine too :givebeer:

T.

roswelljam
11-30-2005, 01:54 PM
Sorry, I'm grumpy too.. every time I refresh this page I have another 10 PMs telling me about the same old cheater ;) apologies accepted, and I hope you accept mine too :givebeer:

T.

No problem. Your efforts are much appreciated!! ;) :givebeer: Have one on me when you get a spare minute!

WaywardTraveller
11-30-2005, 01:57 PM

T.

Just a suggestion...

I believe the problem that causes the most frustration for people is feeling like they are in the dark when issues like this come up. Some of us know and trust that the powers that be are dealing with the issue, but others don't see anything happening and aren't being told differently so get frustrated.

It's a matter of visibility.

I'd suggest that keeping discussions about issues like this confined to private channels tends to foster frustration and anxiety in some people. Keeping people well informed on issues like this would likely result in less frustration on all parts as then you wouldn't be getting PM'd all the time about it, and you wouldn't have to keep slapping people for discussing it amongst themselves.

Maybe posting a new sticky in the cheating forum whenever an issue like this comes up and is being investigated would be good. Lock it to Mods only if you like to discourage trash talk about any possible parties involved, but keep people well in formed, please!

Timmetie
11-30-2005, 02:07 PM
agreed, what you now see is people PMing, and then posting on the forums when they get no response.

actually its better, cause you see patterns faster (like the time with the 4 cheaters).

i for one wouldnt mind me being posted when i'm suspected of cheating. If i know im innocent, i dont really care. and people who save up 1000's of geo's to spend it at once are crazy anyways, they have no rights ;)

Beezer
11-30-2005, 02:21 PM
Mickey is the only one with access to the database to change all that stuff. And given everything else that is going on in his world at the moment, that may not be a top priority for him. I'll talk to him today about dishing out some punishment to the cheaters.

Just a suggestion...

I believe the problem that causes the most frustration for people is feeling like they are in the dark when issues like this come up. Some of us know and trust that the powers that be are dealing with the issue, but others don't see anything happening and aren't being told differently so get frustrated.

It's a matter of visibility.

I'd suggest that keeping discussions about issues like this confined to private channels tends to foster frustration and anxiety in some people. Keeping people well informed on issues like this would likely result in less frustration on all parts as then you wouldn't be getting PM'd all the time about it, and you wouldn't have to keep slapping people for discussing it amongst themselves.

Maybe posting a new sticky in the cheating forum whenever an issue like this comes up and is being investigated would be good. Lock it to Mods only if you like to discourage trash talk about any possible parties involved, but keep people well in formed, please!
I actually like this idea. A forum that only mods can post in that gives an update on all the cheating issues floating around. I'll see what I can do about this.....

right thanks, good to know someone is up there looking down on us
I try to look down on you whenever I have the chance T....... :lol:

Lukepuuk
11-30-2005, 02:24 PM
The thing is that a lot of people's names would be posted while they were just really working hard.
And this forum is not the place for that, keep that clean.
There is a Blame the Cheater section on the forum in my signature...and it's used too.
That way you can still get rid of frustration and others can defend themselves to clean the air again.

WaywardTraveller
11-30-2005, 02:27 PM
and people who save up 1000's of geo's to spend it at once are crazy anyways, they have no rights ;)

You keep saying things like that.

Why, if I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to convince the noobs that saving geos is a waste of time so that you could go back to holding cities without jewelling.

Nah, couldn't be ;)

WaywardTraveller
11-30-2005, 02:31 PM
The thing is that a lot of people's names would be posted while they were just really working hard.
There is a Blame the Cheater section on the forum in my signature...and it's used too.
That way you can still get rid of frustration and others can defend themselves to clean the air again.

No, not necessarily, that would not be good either of course, and I believe that is the exact problem the mods are trying to avoid.

If they were posted by mods in locked threads, at first they would just post about the cheat itself, what it entails, what they're doing to figure it out...then updates as they proceed. The only time I'd expect they _might_ post someones name is if they find one guilty of cheating and ban them or clean up their damage or whatever. In that case, it's just informing us of facts, it's not baseless accusations.

Lukepuuk
11-30-2005, 02:41 PM
I think saving up geo's is one form of strategy.
It's not crazy, it's a tactic.
Those who can go through a boring time of saving geo's and putting it in the bank instead of having fun are actually very smart.

Timmetie
11-30-2005, 02:45 PM
You keep saying things like that.

Why, if I didn't know better I'd think you were trying to convince the noobs that saving geos is a waste of time so that you could go back to holding cities without jewelling.

Nah, couldn't be ;)

sssshhhh!

no seriously, ive always been bitching against the saving up kinda fighting style and i will keep doing that :D

Beezer
11-30-2005, 03:46 PM
Obviously, we wouldn't go posting people's names. But more along the lines of what the hole/bug/cheat is, and the status of getting it fixed.

Timmetie
11-30-2005, 07:56 PM
beezer maby start now and here,

some people have confessed having found a hole in the system, why do they still have armies? they took over the world instead of just reporting it. making 30k troops or something to get something out of it is oke, but this is crazy?

should i just give up because they could have given themselves a million geo's? we havnt been told what the hole was, maby they're earning 1000s of interest a day.

anthonywitt
12-01-2005, 12:12 AM
Would one of you mods please explain to the readers That this game is in beta. Holes need to be found. All must be reported to Mickey. Report as soon as they are found.

For example: A few of us found a hole in the bank but I used the geos for gain before I spoke up (I cheated) and the out come was a ban for myself. I was lucky and Mickey let me back in the game after three days of Talking to him. The second time I found a hole and took 6,000,000 geos I reproted it to Mickey he thanked me and I went on playing. I did not use it to destroy new players (thats cheating). I did buy mines and made some interest off the geos and was allowed to keep it though it was not much.

Mickey explained that this was a beta game and these activities help him in his goal in bring it out of beta.

You find a hole report it to beezer, araT or mickey. Doing this keeps it from the fourms...unless the need to bragg is strong.
Dont find a hole and kill everyone and then report because this makes you a cheater.

With the resorces I have and with the jewels I can collect it is not impossable to put 1000 geos in my bank every day. Alot of players do this and some put twice that in thier bank. Hard work pays.

anthonywitt
12-01-2005, 12:16 AM
Obviously, we wouldn't go posting people's names. But more along the lines of what the hole/bug/cheat is, and the status of getting it fixed.Right....Mickey needs this info to plug the holes and fix the bugs. This is are job as players, hackers and scripters...let Mickey know and help Mickey reach his goal, after all it is a great game and he working hard to make it better...so lets help out by reporting what we find.

cowtreky
12-01-2005, 01:07 AM
Would one of you mods please explain to the readers That this game is in beta. Holes need to be found. All must be reported to Mickey. Report as soon as they are found.

For example: A few of us found a hole in the bank but I used the geos for gain before I spoke up (I cheated) and the out come was a ban for myself. I was lucky and Mickey let me back in the game after three days of Talking to him. The second time I found a hole and took 6,000,000 geos I reproted it to Mickey he thanked me and I went on playing. I did not use it to destroy new players (thats cheating). I did buy mines and made some interest off the geos and was allowed to keep it though it was not much.

Mickey explained that this was a beta game and these activities help him in his goal in bring it out of beta.

You find a hole report it to beezer, araT or mickey. Doing this keeps it from the fourms...unless the need to bragg is strong.
Dont find a hole and kill everyone and then report because this makes you a cheater.

With the resorces I have and with the jewels I can collect it is not impossable to put 1000 geos in my bank every day. Alot of players do this and some put twice that in thier bank. Hard work pays.

AMEN to Anthony

WILDCAT1976
12-01-2005, 01:18 AM
AMEN to Anthony

I agree...Just wish I had the knowledge to find "bugs", "holes", etc..like everyone else....I am beginning to think I am the only person playing the game that isn't a computer genius

araT
12-01-2005, 01:25 AM

I completely agree with this.. And as of now I will be taking a hardball approach to this, any reports I hear of misuse I will be throwing an instant ban on.

Do as Anthony says or risk losing your place in the game and on these forums.

As for telling you all about the holes and such, I'm afraid we often don't know much and by the time we do it's already been dealt with. I dont want to put the holes up here on the forums before I know they are 100% fixed in fear that more of our users will abuse it. as far as I can tell the last hole we encountered has been closed, and we are trying to figure out how to repremand the cheater - this may have already been done, I've just gotten up from 10 hours of sleep.

T.

socrates
12-01-2005, 02:37 AM
I agree...Just wish I had the knowledge to find "bugs", "holes", etc..like everyone else....I am beginning to think I am the only person playing the game that isn't a computer genius

Everyone thinks I am..... but rest assured; you are not alone....

jammo
12-01-2005, 02:41 AM
if i have to do anything other than play games or browse the internet then i have no idea what is going on!!!

i couldn't find a bug if one of my armies tripped over it marching off to their doom (which is what has been happening lately)

anthonywitt
12-01-2005, 03:38 AM
I agree...Just wish I had the knowledge to find "bugs", "holes", etc..like everyone else....I am beginning to think I am the only person playing the game that isn't a computer geniusAll have something to give to the game. Suggestions are just as important.

anthonywitt
12-01-2005, 03:41 AM
if i have to do anything other than play games or browse the internet then i have no idea what is going on!!!

i couldn't find a bug if one of my armies tripped over it marching off to their doom (which is what has been happening lately)Hey jammo just play and have fun. You think of something you would like changed there is a thread for that as well.

Timmetie
12-01-2005, 12:03 PM
I completely agree with this.. And as of now I will be taking a hardball approach to this, any reports I hear of misuse I will be throwing an instant ban on.

Do as Anthony says or risk losing your place in the game and on these forums.

As for telling you all about the holes and such, I'm afraid we often don't know much and by the time we do it's already been dealt with. I dont want to put the holes up here on the forums before I know they are 100% fixed in fear that more of our users will abuse it. as far as I can tell the last hole we encountered has been closed, and we are trying to figure out how to repremand the cheater - this may have already been done, I've just gotten up from 10 hours of sleep.

T.

i'm sorry, but i still see some of the people who reported the hole and used it with huge armies? these are legal? i just want to know this otherwise attacking would be futile indeed.

araT
12-01-2005, 12:10 PM
Timmetie; As I've said many other times in other threads.. we are in the midst of fixing all of this, and replying to these threads is slowing us own.. just know that it'll be fixed ASAP :)

T.

Timmetie
12-01-2005, 01:26 PM
right sorry, i thought you got so annoyed with us you just let it be :D

keep on the good work!

anthonywitt
12-02-2005, 01:53 AM
i'm sorry, but i still see some of the people who reported the hole and used it with huge armies? these are legal? i just want to know this otherwise attacking would be futile indeed.If you would just look at some of the other posts you would see that this is close to being under control. Players that did not report this and use it to destroy others are being dealt with.

araT
12-02-2005, 02:52 AM
right sorry, i thought you got so annoyed with us you just let it be :D

keep on the good work!

Consider them dealt with :)

T.

Timmetie
12-02-2005, 06:54 AM
yee! back to work!

anthonywitt
12-03-2005, 02:28 AM
Consider them dealt with :)

T.Good mod...Have you ever thought of being a admin? You have talent and it should be exploited by the powers to be. ;)

Orion1015
12-03-2005, 10:53 AM
I think it would be cool if someone who were found to be cheating, that their armies be "tagged" and any subsequent activity with their armies be that regardless of the army size they would lose all of their force against whatever size force they go up against. The army they were fighting would lose none. Bet that would raise their little brows watching that event unfold..... :confused: :shock:

araT
12-03-2005, 10:59 AM
Hahahaahahah!! :lol: :clap: great idea! Unfortunately I dont think it's possible but I'll run it past Mickey anyway :)

Good mod...Have you ever thought of being a admin? You have talent and it should be exploited by the powers to be.

I'd love to be ;)

T.

Lukepuuk
12-03-2005, 11:40 AM
It's already embarassing for players to get their amries reduced to 1 troop.
Because once you get attacked once, everybody sees you cheater as you only had one troop. And they all come after you then for some clean fun.

anthonywitt
12-04-2005, 06:57 AM
Yes Lukas I know what that feels like. It was not easy to log back on to the game. All the players I defeated with the first bank crack were after me and it took a long time to build back up. It sucked.