PDA

View Full Version : Anti-NAR Pact

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 04:25 PM
If you haven't noticed, there is currently a major siege occuring on Atlanta.
It has been picking up momentum for the last 14 hours.

This has been a coordinated effort. For the first time ever, there is a real effort underway to take down NAR.

Many MANY people have joined in this pact.

At the request of a number of pact participants, I have created a new temporary alliance for this Pact.

If you would like further info, PM me.
If you would like an invite, PM me.

This alliance will only be in effect until our goal is reached, or reset occurs.

Also, feel free to join in the festivities without actually joining the Anti NAR Pact alliance.

tukamotton
12-09-2005, 04:48 PM
Do you want to use the whole world in your self problems? i would feel shame using noobs to reach my targets while i hold cities as NY or Toronto...

I thought RCMP (and the whole UN) would be enough to you... why use the noobs?

Here my reply.... for the noobs... free cities (except bonus cities) just pm me ;-)... and remember... NAR is requesting noobs 4 the new epoch (after resets)

regards...

Timmetie
12-09-2005, 04:54 PM
he i think its great the world unites to try to destroy but one of us.

i'm joining tuka, see if you can handle 2 real players you buch of misfits :D

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 04:58 PM
Do you want to use the whole world in your self problems? i would feel shame using noobs to reach my targets while i hold cities as NY or Toronto...

I thought RCMP (and the whole UN) would be enough to you... why use the noobs?

Here my reply.... for the noobs... free cities (except bonus cities) just pm me ;-)... and remember... NAR is requesting noobs 4 the new epoch (after resets)

regards...

Yes Tuk, we all noticed you've started resorting to bribery. Sad, but do what you must.

ALL OTHERS: Don't fall for it. Play the game, don't settle for being a NAR paeon.

TOGETHER WE WILL PREVAIL!!!

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 05:03 PM
he i think its great the world unites to try to destroy but one of us.

i'm joining tuka, see if you can handle 2 real players you buch of misfits :D

Ah you sneaky dog.

If you think it'll be that easy to divert my attention from the task at hand, well, enjoy NY while it lasts. It's on the list, just not at the top :)

Patience kimosabe, we will get to you.

Timmetie
12-09-2005, 05:16 PM
It's just that we've got so many cities!

I mean, our official plan was to wait until you took some, i would show you the thread but our forum is off limits, but this never happened!

now, because of you cowards, we've resorting to giving cities away, its pathetic really.

I mean, we're all just kicking back collecting taxes while all the rest keeps jeweling geo's to attack us. this cant go on like this!

:cool: (beat that)

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 05:17 PM
You do miss the point of this.

This is not so I can take atlanta.

This is not so I can take over the world.

This is not so a single alliance can take over the world.

The ONLY Purpose to this pact is to DEFEAT NAR.

Thus, this is not _my_ personal goal, and I am not _using_ anybody to persue it. Interestingly enough, there appeare to be a very large number of other players that share these same goals :)

See you on the other side!

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 05:19 PM
It's just that we've got so many cities!

I mean, our official plan was to wait until you took some, i would show you the thread but our forum is off limits, but this never happened!

now, because of you cowards, we've resorting to giving cities away, its pathetic really.

I mean, we're all just kicking back collecting taxes while all the rest keeps jeweling geo's to attack us. this cant go on like this!

:cool: (beat that)

You're right. And it won't go on like this any more.

Together we will beat NAR and make the game fun again for all :)

Timmetie
12-09-2005, 05:20 PM
sore losers that's what you are :D

but fine, ill meet your stampeding hordes at the Borders of Civilisation, ill fight them at the Walls of Justice, even in the Cities of Enlightenment we shall struglle, and never shall our defiance fail in the Halls of Morality, nor in the Brilliance of our Spirits!

We shall not be overcome!

gruss
12-09-2005, 05:28 PM
I see this as organized effort to take out the dominating alliance and add some spice back to the game. It seems like things have become stagnant since NAR has taken control of all the resource cities and many of the big cities.

I don't see why Wayward having a few big cities is a problem - you need resources to take over cities (especially when facing an alliance as large as NAR). Plus, he's adding those resources to the effort, not just going after your other cities.

As far as coercing new players, I'll leave it to someone else to debate that. Just think of this as an organized revolt by the Rebellion against the Evil Empire :lol:

See you in Atlanta!

Gruss

ps - we can unite to free the invisible cities of the world!

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 05:32 PM
ps - we can unite to free the invisible cities of the world!

Yes! We must free the oppressed cities that are forced against their will to live an invisible life!

tukamotton
12-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Yes Tuk, we all noticed you've started resorting to bribery. Sad, but do what you must.

ALL OTHERS: Don't fall for it. Play the game, don't settle for being a NAR paeon.

TOGETHER WE WILL PREVAIL!!!
bribery? nah! simply im trying to concentrate my armies near of snakes while noobs plays their game... and sorry for NY City yesterday i though it would be funny.... but today is better....

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 05:36 PM
I hereby vow that I will NOT PROFIT from this endeavor.

I state that I will not retain control of ANY city that we take from NAR in this campaign. If I happen to take a city, I will immediately give it up to the next pact member in line.

Lukepuuk
12-09-2005, 05:36 PM
Yes! We must free the oppressed cities that are forced against their will to live an invisible life!

hahaha lol...thats actually pretty funny right there :lol:

Timmetie
12-09-2005, 05:37 PM
gruss, many have tried ;) .

but with anthony and luke leaving, and the rest close to inactive due to reset, you might be able to take a city or 2, missoula anyone? salt lake city?

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 05:41 PM
gruss, many have tried ;) .

but with anthony and luke leaving, and the rest close to inactive due to reset, you might be able to take a city or 2, missoula anyone? salt lake city?

As far as I can tell, that's the problem, NONE have tried.

Random attacks at NAR are pointless, but you know that ;) Of course that's what you would like to promote, because it's good for NAR.

This is different for once.
All or nothing.
Everyone in.

Really, if we can't beat NAR this way, then NAR is unbeatable, and this game is pointless. Either way, at least we've spiced it up a fair bit!

tukamotton
12-09-2005, 05:45 PM
Gruss... Atlanta is red now for you blind eyes ;-) and sorry if i chose that color but... i feel as matador among a lot of bulls... oleeeeeeee!

another wish? you have 2 left

gruss
12-09-2005, 05:49 PM
Gruss... Atlanta is red now for you blind eyes ;-) and sorry if i chose that color but... i feel as matador among a lot of bulls... oleeeeeeee!

What's that old quote, better Dead than Red :lol:

I think you need to update your city list, Salt Lake City and Missoula have been free for awhile.

Let me think about those other two wishes...

Gruss

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 05:50 PM

And you must obey?

Gruss, make him take out timmetie in Riyadh ;)

gruss
12-09-2005, 06:05 PM
And you must obey?

That sounds like a good one. Can I also wish for more wishes :spin:

Timmetie
12-09-2005, 06:05 PM
wayward, do you remember the UN? the EU?

you are not unique, every few generations, a chosen one arises. This is helpfull in weeding out all the rebels /matrix off.

that would be me, you'd be the one chosen after me and pissed because of it.

but, all talk and no play makes you a very dull boy! come on, bring it ON, Huwah! YAR, and other manly cries.

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 06:11 PM
wayward, do you remember the UN? the EU?

you are not unique, every few generations, a chosen one arises. This is helpfull in weeding out all the rebels /matrix off.

that would be me, you'd be the one chosen after me and pissed because of it.

but, all talk and no play makes you a very dull boy! come on, bring it ON, Huwah! YAR, and other manly cries.

Ehh? My head hurts, could you try that again?

tony bennett
12-09-2005, 06:15 PM
Destroy the NAR :kiss:

tukamotton
12-09-2005, 06:19 PM
And you must obey?

Of course... how can i forget his help ;-) ? :kiss:

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 06:19 PM
Destroy the NAR :kiss:

How did I know that would be your reaction tony? :)

His Lord Uberdude
12-09-2005, 06:30 PM
Tony, tony, tony, tony, tony....when will you learn? Even with your whole team of Europe-obsessed cronies, you can't win.

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 06:34 PM
Tony, tony, tony, tony, tony....when will you learn? Even with your whole team of Europe-obsessed cronies, you can't win.

Ahh, but he obviously knows a good thing when he sees it ;)

brodie2219
12-09-2005, 06:41 PM
it takes the whole world to take down 25 people?...lol

tony bennett
12-09-2005, 06:53 PM

Lets have a pack of cards ;)

WILDCAT1976
12-09-2005, 06:53 PM
hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....interesting

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 06:56 PM

Yes actually.

Obviously there is a bit of a balance problem that occurs when a single alliance is allowed to retain control of all resource income.

But it can be done still, it's just very difficult.

There's actually a few reasons why I'm doing this:
a) Well, to wipe out NAR of course ;)
b) To show that huge alliances aren't invincible so that hopefully...
c) After the reset, people will be less inclined to allow one alliance to gain that much control in the first place.

d) Short of all of that, have you had this much fun in GEWar in a while?

Lukepuuk
12-09-2005, 07:00 PM
It would be interesting to see I must admit, if you have enough guys to take the top alliance down(for future notice).
But one thing is incorrect. When you are big and have lots of cities, the recources are already spent in defenses as you are attacked every couple of hours.
NAR is just at the top because it's a group of the most active players.
And constantly helping eachother through good communication.

bueth
12-09-2005, 07:01 PM
i think i need to give my thought on this thread some air.

first of all i don't think that there is a way to take NAR down at the moment. they are just too rich. just check after reset that it doesn't happen again that they own nearly all big cities.

there was an approach with the EU and UN. i was part of both of them at some point in time. at the time as the EU fell, NAR became as big as they are now. that our alliance fell had a couple of reasons. our good old m8 w_p was mod of the first and just closed it, then there were spies and so on...

but the situation at the moment is really not good for the game at all. if one (nearly almighty) alliance rules the game, most ppl will leave as they don't see a point in proceeding to play like this. the needs some balance.

greets

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 07:10 PM
i think i need to give my thought on this thread some air.

first of all i don't think that there is a way to take NAR down at the moment. they are just too rich. just check after reset that it doesn't happen again that they own nearly all big cities.

there was an approach with the EU and UN. i was part of both of them at some point in time. at the time as the EU fell, NAR became as big as they are now. that our alliance fell had a couple of reasons. our good old m8 w_p was mod of the first and just closed it, then there were spies and so on...

but the situation at the moment is really not good for the game at all. if one (nearly almighty) alliance rules the game, most ppl will leave as they don't see a point in proceeding to play like this. the needs some balance.

greets

I kind of agree, but if there is any way to do it, this is it. Either way, there hasn't been this much action in weeks, and it should be a fun way to go out before the reset :)

brodie2219
12-09-2005, 07:13 PM
Yes actually.

Obviously there is a bit of a balance problem that occurs when a single alliance is allowed to retain control of all resource income.

But it can be done still, it's just very difficult.

There's actually a few reasons why I'm doing this:
a) Well, to wipe out NAR of course ;)
b) To show that huge alliances aren't invincible so that hopefully...
c) After the reset, people will be less inclined to allow one alliance to gain that much control in the first place.

d) Short of all of that, have you had this much fun in GEWar in a while?

A) we weren't allowed to retain control, we retained control by force and aggressivly maintained that control.
B)The UN was on top for a good day or 2, We can't be blamed for their roman empire like Collapse from within.
C)People were not inclined to allow us control after the last reset but we all worked very hard the first 3 weeks, then we were able to set it on cruise control.

hehe....and yes....it does add some excitment in the game right now...

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 07:26 PM
A) we weren't allowed to retain control, we retained control by force and aggressivly maintained that control.
B)The UN was on top for a good day or 2, We can't be blamed for their roman empire like Collapse from within.
C)People were not inclined to allow us control after the last reset but we all worked very hard the first 3 weeks, then we were able to set it on cruise control.

hehe....and yes....it does add some excitment in the game right now...

Well, I would argue that you _gained_ control by force.

Since I've been playing, you've been allowed to retain control. Most people think it's a complete waste to attack a NAR city and just won't do it for fear of being wiped out completely. Of course, who else is left for these people to attack but the few people that _have_ actually been willing to take NAR on. Vicious cycle that is totally in NAR's favor.

Do you know how many times I've taken a NAR city, only to be vultured by others that refuse to attack NAR directly?

Anyways, what I mean to say is there are absolutely NO hard feelings towards any NAR members. You got where you are fair and square, cudos!

Now back to the fun, as I see you've been keeping me occupied here while picking off my armies there ;)

brodie2219
12-09-2005, 07:28 PM
ask methos, he saw us in attack mode in north america at the beginning....like i said we have been on cruise control the last month or so..

Aodhan
12-09-2005, 07:51 PM
Just a reminder for those who requested invites...

Check your alliance section in the main GEWar console, from there you can agree to join an alliance.

tony bennett
12-09-2005, 07:53 PM
I think everyone knows what I would say ;)

birq
12-09-2005, 08:00 PM
I think everyone knows what I would say ;)

Tony's a NAR lover in denial. He wants to join us so badly that he is confused by his feelings and tries to destroy us instead. It's okay Tony, you can admit your true feelings.

tony bennett
12-09-2005, 08:05 PM
Tony's a NAR lover in denial. He wants to join us so badly that he is confused by his feelings and tries to destroy us instead. It's okay Tony, you can admit your true feelings.

Forgot about you mate.

How's Darwin?

birq
12-09-2005, 08:09 PM
Forgot about you mate.

How's Darwin?

Small and not worth keeping that many armies in. If any newbies want a good starter city, you're welcome to it. PM me.

Not you, Tony. You can't have it. ;)

tony bennett
12-09-2005, 08:29 PM
Not you, Tony. You can't have it. ;)

I wouldn't have it any other way Kevin (B.W.) ...err I mean Birq :kiss:

birq
12-09-2005, 08:32 PM
I wouldn't have it any other way Kevin (B.W.) ...err I mean Birq :kiss:

You lost me there. I don't get your reference to Kevin or B.W.

methos
12-09-2005, 10:02 PM
ask methos, he saw us in attack mode in north america at the beginning....like i said we have been on cruise control the last month or so..
I saw the attack mode, but that was with very few players playing. I've been waiting for the reset ever since I was kicked out of my alliance :confused: and then attacked by several NAR members. We'll see if this new plan works if not there's always life after the reset.

jammo
12-09-2005, 10:15 PM
surely Tukamotton can't hold onto Atlanta too much longer!

now this is a real battle ;)

Lukepuuk
12-09-2005, 10:29 PM
surely Tukamotton can't hold onto Atlanta too much longer!

now this is a real battle ;)

The whole world vs Tukamotton and still he holds on.
This IS fun :cool:

WaywardTraveller
12-09-2005, 10:36 PM
The whole world vs Tukamotton and still he holds on.
This IS fun :cool:

Never mind all of the other NAR defender armies we've wiped out as well.

Don't worry, You'll get your turn ;)

lucky33176
12-09-2005, 10:37 PM
35k in his current army in atlantA

Lukepuuk
12-09-2005, 10:43 PM
Never mind all of the other NAR defender armies we've wiped out as well.

Don't worry, You'll get your turn ;)

Hurry up with Atlanta then. I haven't got all day :cool:

nytransit
12-09-2005, 11:26 PM
poor mickey and his server... this is one of the biggest bumps of activity in a while....

Lukepuuk
12-09-2005, 11:48 PM
poor mickey and his server... this is one of the biggest bumps of activity in a while....

Maybe thats why the server is really slow right now.

lucky33176
12-10-2005, 12:19 AM
ok

33k brodie (sitting outside Atlanta)
approx 20k in Tuk's 7th army

tukamotton
12-10-2005, 12:49 AM
ok

33k brodie (sitting outside Atlanta)
approx 20k in Tuk's 7th army
are you sure?

WILDCAT1976
12-10-2005, 01:01 AM
are you sure?

you love this don't ya tuka????

I've lost many many troops to you, me and my alliance lost about 200k to you last weekend in cape town...and I just keep em coming :spin:

You and your alliance (Not sure who the leader is in title but it's obvious you run the show) will remain strong until everyone else quits being afraid to go after you guys. Here we are trying to go after you and I still see newbies (some non newbies) attacking non-nars....they don't realize that every time they attack a non-nar you guys get stronger...AND STRONGER

I have absolutely nothing against any of you but I have dedicated my gewar life to attacking you guys.....I hope you enjoy killing all of my brave brave soldiers.... :dead:

anthonywitt
12-10-2005, 01:02 AM
All this fighting and NAR just gets richer. Over 300 armies and 23 members. Keep it up anti pact and NAR will just get richer. ;)

blitzkrieg
12-10-2005, 01:08 AM
NAR is big because there is no leader. And we all answer the call of an ally, no personal glory.

This will be fun, I hope we get a good week of these attacks before the server change reset..... NAR will be less two major contributors after reset due to the conflict of interest problems that dogged Mickey and Beezer when they enjoyed the game they were creating.

Good luck everyone, lets prove who is the best in Beta II !

WILDCAT1976
12-10-2005, 01:09 AM
hey anthony....I personally don't care....I know you are a good guy....but do you think any newbies could get scared off seeing one of the new owners of the game being apart of the strongets alliance....I'm not talking about your post....that's just the truth....I'm talking about your avatar and your signature????

Like I said..I don't care but I want this game to have a ton of players and wouldn't want to loose any??? :slant:

WILDCAT1976
12-10-2005, 01:14 AM
Good luck everyone, lets prove who is the best in Beta II !

Good luck to you too (I think we need it more than you though :lol: )

anthonywitt
12-10-2005, 01:18 AM
Hey wildcat I pulled out of the NAR yesterday. I changed the avatar yesterday and you want see the word NAR. I am for the fighting and for the players having fun. I have given my geos away and sent out my armies to be destroyed or to just sit there. I will not play the game. I wish the best of luck to whoever takes on NAR. If they are defeted then they are defeted. I will no longer favor any one alliance and you can take that to the bank. So with this said please fight on. ;)

WILDCAT1976
12-10-2005, 01:22 AM
Hey wildcat I pulled out of the NAR yesterday. I changed the avatar yesterday and you want see the word NAR. I am for the fighting and for the players having fun. I have given my geos away and sent out my armies to be destroyed or to just sit there. I will not play the game. I wish the best of luck to whoever takes on NAR. If they are defeted then they are defeted. I will no longer favor any one alliance and you can take that to the bank. So with this said please fight on. ;)

I know man...I never had any beef w/it....just didn't want to lose any players.....now..if you want to help us out we would love that... :menacing: hehehehe

blitzkrieg
12-10-2005, 01:25 AM
I know man...I never had any beef w/it....just didn't want to lose any players.....now..if you want to help us out we would love that... :menacing: hehehehe

HAHAHAHA - In your dreams ............. I hope.

Anthony, your avatar on this forum still has NAR and your sig still says NAR Godfather (BTW, who do you want me to rub out, Godfather?)

anthonywitt
12-10-2005, 01:34 AM
Thanks blitz but its has been changed. besides I have a new alliance...GEWar and all its members.

tukamotton
12-10-2005, 01:37 AM
With or without avatar you r the godfather buddy...

... and wildcat... im glad cause players like you and your allies became this game in TNT.... no matter your action now... sorry 4 cape town but i never told you attack cape please.... and as blitz said, nobody is leader and if i running the show well... is because you put me in scene...

cheezles
12-10-2005, 02:04 AM
ive just read through this whole thread and i still cant figure out who to support

can anyone give me their opinion?

WILDCAT1976
12-10-2005, 02:14 AM
ive just read through this whole thread and i still cant figure out who to support

I hate to admit it but NAR is currently the "masters" of ge war. If you want you can go around picking off a city here...a city there..but as long as NAR has all of the resource cities (cotton, oil, diamonds), and all of the big cities they are tough to beat and will only continue to get stronger....the stronger they get the less chance we have at competing against them.

The 1st few weeks of playing this game I tried to hang out in Ireland but all that happened was...I'd win a city...lose a city..win a city..lose a city....well while this was going on NAR was saving up and building 100k armies...don't get me wrong...they are GREAT players....if someone picks on one of their own..they ALL attack(trust me..learned this one the hard way)..but if we can't "control" their growth they will take over the world and there wouldn't be much use in playing....

just my thoughts

***disclaimer*** all posts for the remaining of the evening should be taken with a grain of salt...I'm drinking to honor my soldiers that will soon enter a battle with the great tuka....

brodie2219
12-10-2005, 03:38 AM
hahah....this thread is **** good.....

anthonywitt
12-10-2005, 03:55 AM
I will make no comment.......sure want too but I wont.

WILDCAT1976
12-10-2005, 04:04 AM
AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH......

they are all dead....dead :whine: :whine:

this drink is for you my brave soldiers

Radeon
12-10-2005, 04:22 AM
roflmao!!! All i can say is good luck bringing us down!! And this might make problems worse for our alliance but BRING IT ON!!!! :lol:

nytransit
12-10-2005, 04:23 AM
let's have some fun....

Atlanta will burn again !!!

I to am having a few, so this may make the hangover worse..... (can I report this bug to Mickey for fixing?)

WILDCAT1976
12-10-2005, 04:25 AM
Atlanta will burn again !!!

BURN BABY BURN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

brodie2219
12-10-2005, 04:28 AM
well bring more than kindling...

do i ever sleep?

michael fontenot
12-10-2005, 05:22 AM
Why are you crying Waywardtraveller? You say you want to defeat the NAR to make the game more fun?? this is the fun!! (maybe more fun for us) but Like Timmie said you are not the first to take on beating the largest force in the game, others have tried and they have failed. Also NAR was not always on top, in case you weren't around the NAR didn't really get going until there was some other player ruleing the game (War_Peace). Essentially me and anthony created the alliance just because it made sense but after seeing WP take what he wanted without any one person being able to stop him the alliance grew and grew until he couldn't escape our assault or defend against our numbers. Who ever is the biggest force on this game will always be the biggest target. This is fun for us also..if no one challenges us we've got nothing to do! We've been there before too. owning every city you want on this game without opposition is not worth playing....So get all the help you can and come give us something to do..

PlaysWithWolves
12-10-2005, 08:02 AM
I don't think there would be such a problem if GEwar was properly deducting troop expenses. That, and making the nuke shield have expendable "charges" so it could be destroyed would be nice.

tony bennett
12-10-2005, 10:46 AM

Cheezles.

Don't join the NAR.

Exterminate them, much more fun :lol:

Wayward Traveller.

It will soon be time for the second wave ;)

WaywardTraveller
12-10-2005, 02:01 PM
Why are you crying Waywardtraveller? You say you want to defeat the NAR to make the game more fun?? this is the fun!! (maybe more fun for us) but Like Timmie said you are not the first to take on beating the largest force in the game, others have tried and they have failed. Also NAR was not always on top, in case you weren't around the NAR didn't really get going until there was some other player ruleing the game (War_Peace). Essentially me and anthony created the alliance just because it made sense but after seeing WP take what he wanted without any one person being able to stop him the alliance grew and grew until he couldn't escape our assault or defend against our numbers. Who ever is the biggest force on this game will always be the biggest target. This is fun for us also..if no one challenges us we've got nothing to do! We've been there before too. owning every city you want on this game without opposition is not worth playing....So get all the help you can and come give us something to do..

Kinda rude there Michael. Wha wha wha yourself. Come now.
Noone is crying, we're just playing the game and having some fun.

Would you rather we went back to sitting back not doing anything, letting NAR be what it is?

Sorry, but I just don't get where your post came from.
This is not personal, no vendetas or anything. Just a game :)

Lukepuuk
12-10-2005, 02:05 PM
It is a good test.
How about when the game would come out of beta?
Its good to know if one alliance can get big enough to rule forever.
That way you know where to make changes in the game before it comes out.

At this moment it seems the Anti NAR pact is very unsuccesfull.
I see they've grown with 35,000,000 since it began.

WaywardTraveller
12-10-2005, 02:11 PM
It is a good test.
How about when the game would come out of beta?
Its good to know if one alliance can get big enough to rule forever.
That way you know where to make changes in the game before it comes out.

At this moment it seems the Anti NAR pact is very unsuccesfull.
I see they've grown with 35,000,000 since it began.

Looks can be deceiving there Luke.

Now, if NAR just has way more income than the rest of the active players combined, well, I don't think I'd stop because at least it's something to do.

BUT, if NAR actually ISN'T that dominant, then I am positive that we are making progress.

I'm sure one of you will fill me in on the futility of my ways once this is all said and done ;)

On another point, ever seen a full scale siege on a city last for 2 days straight?

Lukepuuk
12-10-2005, 02:16 PM
Yes we have in the past seen that.
I believe in Riyadh against Stanley.

But Tuka is holding up just as good as Stanley did back then.
But I'm just watching the show. Interesting to see if you either succeed, or make enemies because people blame you for the loss of their troops :lol:

No seriously its not a bad thing. With the reset so close it won't matter to hold onto cities anymore anyway and this way we can see if its possible and if people are really willing to donate all their money to this course, or will use the opportunity now to attack the guys in the Anti Nar pact and its alliances because they have really weakened.

WaywardTraveller
12-10-2005, 02:16 PM
All this fighting and NAR just gets richer. Over 300 armies and 23 members. Keep it up anti pact and NAR will just get richer. ;)

Any better suggestions? Really?

I've been over this from every angle. As far as I can tell, the ONLY way to topple an alliance that is this dominant is to take off it's head. You have to remove their income as quickly as possible.

If we'd started with taking NAR's small citites, then we would spread ourselves out having to retain all of those low-income cities, and it would just get progressively harder and harder to move up the list. Meanwhile, we'd be doing NAR a favor as they would be able to focus their forces where it counts.

This way, we're forcing NAR to keep spread out while we keep hitting them with ALL our force.

Am I wrong? Is there any other way that has any chance at all?

Many of the greatest war commanders in history would agree with me :)

WaywardTraveller
12-10-2005, 02:21 PM
Yes we have in the past seen that.
I believe in Riyadh against Stanley.

But Tuka is holding up just as good as Stanley did back then.
But I'm just watching the show. Interesting to see if you either succeed, or make enemies because people blame you for the loss of their troops :lol:

No seriously its not a bad thing. With the reset so close it won't matter to hold onto cities anymore anyway and this way we can see if its possible and if people are really willing to donate all their money to this course, or will use the opportunity now to attack the guys in the Anti Nar pact and its alliances because they have really weakened.

Yeah, I've been more interested in the bigger picture anyways.
I don't really expect to wipe NAR out before reset, but I am VERY impressed with the support that has been drummed up for this.

We've managed to get probably about 95% of active non-NAR members in on this. Very interesting.

And I sure hope no one gets mad for loosing troops, I've lost well over a quarter million troops in the past 3 days to NAR.

Lukepuuk
12-10-2005, 02:22 PM
Any better suggestions? Really?

I've been over this from every angle. As far as I can tell, the ONLY way to topple an alliance that is this dominant is to take off it's head. You have to remove their income as quickly as possible.

If we'd started with taking NAR's small citites, then we would spread ourselves out having to retain all of those low-income cities, and it would just get progressively harder and harder to move up the list. Meanwhile, we'd be doing NAR a favor as they would be able to focus their forces where it counts.

This way, we're forcing NAR to keep spread out while we keep hitting them with ALL our force.

Am I wrong? Is there any other way that has any chance at all?

Many of the greatest war commanders in history would agree with me :)

You are right. It's the only chance i think.
My guess is you should've saved up a little more and hit it at least with 4 or 5 times the strength you guys did now.
Either that or you should've hit it earlier. But its a good point for in the future.
But right before the reset I will let you know that you are not taking away their income and why not(wouldn't want to make it too easy now do we?).

tony bennett
12-10-2005, 02:35 PM
But right before the reset I will let you know that you are not taking away their income and why not(wouldn't want to make it too easy now do we?).

? This doesnt read right to me Luke. ( the sentence)

Lukepuuk
12-10-2005, 02:37 PM
Ok I'll rephrase it:
One day before the reset, I'll tell you why you are not taking their income away if you finally get Atlanta.
That better?

WaywardTraveller
12-10-2005, 02:56 PM
You are right. It's the only chance i think.
My guess is you should've saved up a little more and hit it at least with 4 or 5 times the strength you guys did now.
Either that or you should've hit it earlier. But its a good point for in the future.

Yes, there obviously wasn't a lot of pre-planning that went into this. It was really the result of Timmetie attempting to route me, failing, then Brodie coming in to try to clean up (assuming I'd be weak, which I wasn't quite). At the same time, info about the new server and stuff came out, so I said, screw it, I'm throwing down!

So I've been drumming up support ever since :)

If I had known the game was going to keep going without a reset or something, I wouldn't have tried this. It's deffinately a gamble, but I'm certain all the support is because everyone know's it's reset time and there is nothing to lose.

Look forward to hearing what you have to say in a couple days luke :)

(Maybe you can tell me this: Is the income from certain resource cities still inflated due to the abuse a week or so ago? If so, that's kinda too bad, as that would mean that what we're doing IS futile beyond any doubt. I've been going under the positive view that that was cleaned up, though I am not sure because a couple of the players that had temp bans didn't have their armies or money cleared :(

WaywardTraveller
12-10-2005, 02:59 PM
Ok I'll rephrase it:
One day before the reset, I'll tell you why you are not taking their income away if you finally get Atlanta.
That better?

Ah, and on another thought, did NAR manage to get so far ahead that interest income from the bank far outweighs all other sources of income in the game? I wouldn't be surprised at all if that were the case.

Lukepuuk
12-10-2005, 03:04 PM
That also has something to do with it yes.
You'll hear it in a few days. Can't tell it now as it wouldn't be fair to those players.

But I understand. You couldn't wait longer because of the reset.
When I first saw 57 armies going for Atlanta i thought 2 things:
1) Atlanta is going down
2) Mickey is going to have a heartattack because of the server

I don't know about nr 2, but nr 1 didn't happen to my surprise(yet).
So it's something that both players and developers can keep in mind to change next time.
Not to make it hard to build an empire, but to make sure that the game doesn't stop with one alliance owning each city(after 6 months of gameplay).

WaywardTraveller
12-10-2005, 03:07 PM
Not to make it hard to build an empire, but to make sure that the game doesn't stop with one alliance owning each city(after 6 months of gameplay).

Absolutely, that would be a death sentence for the game.

Sheesh, until I made this move, most people had already given up until reset.

Lukepuuk
12-10-2005, 03:10 PM
Yes, even a lot in the NAR(imagine if they had all been playing).

I just hope people don't think the game has no point if they don't defeat the NAR this time before the reset.

Lukepuuk
12-10-2005, 03:37 PM
If there was no reset, eventually you would win this I think.

Timmetie
12-10-2005, 03:42 PM
wayward, Riyadh was giving me about 2000 a day, so no inflation there.

And i believe ive made luke aware enough of the problems of sky rocketing interest :D and i wont rest until it is handled.

I dont like the empire founding anymore then you do, so somewhere i'm hoping the server will return to a few alliances in equal strenght battling each other. for now its server vs NAR, but i hope that it'll return to that. This is not a nice situation for a noob, having to chose sides.

Also ive always been against us "enlisting" new people, because at one time i think we and our allies controlled every city, there was nothing to do anymore :D

but ofcourse this wont stop me from putting up the best fight i can, its all your jobs to ensure this wont happen after reset ;)

*edit*
ofcourse they'd win this without a reset, the only advantage we have of city taxes and bonus cities is easily compensated by the huge numbers thrown against us (and taking away the cities and bonus cities doesnt help either :D)
*edit*

WaywardTraveller
12-10-2005, 03:53 PM
Yes, even a lot in the NAR(imagine if they had all been playing).

I just hope people don't think the game has no point if they don't defeat the NAR this time before the reset.

Me too.

HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL LEARN TO HIT THE GUYS THAT ARE GETTING BIGGER BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE IN THE FUTURE!!!

(Oops, I said that too loud didn't I ;)

WaywardTraveller
12-10-2005, 03:56 PM

And i believe ive made luke aware enough of the problems of sky rocketing interest :D and i wont rest until it is handled.

I dont like the empire founding anymore then you do, so somewhere i'm hoping the server will return to a few alliances in equal strenght battling each other. for now its server vs NAR, but i hope that it'll return to that. This is not a nice situation for a noob, having to chose sides.

Also ive always been against us "enlisting" new people, because at one time i think we and our allies controlled every city, there was nothing to do anymore :D

but ofcourse this wont stop me from putting up the best fight i can, its all your jobs to ensure this wont happen after reset ;)

*edit*
ofcourse they'd win this without a reset, the only advantage we have of city taxes and bonus cities is easily compensated by the huge numbers thrown against us (and taking away the cities and bonus cities doesnt help either :D)
*edit*

Yeah, I think it was only atlanta that got inflated.

And it's nice to hear a couple of you saying that given time, we _are_ on the right track. This is good to know for the future of the game. Combined with smarter playing from the outset and closing some minor holes, we should be able to achieve a nice balance in the game!

WILDCAT1976
12-10-2005, 03:57 PM
Me too.

HOPEFULLY PEOPLE WILL LEARN TO HIT THE GUYS THAT ARE GETTING BIGGER BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE IN THE FUTURE!!!

(Oops, I said that too loud didn't I ;)

I agree...If everyone remains "afraid" of NAR...the exact thing will happen post-reset

Lukepuuk
12-10-2005, 04:01 PM
I agree...If everyone remains "afraid" of NAR...the exact thing will happen post-reset

But that is kinda funny. That happens in real life too.
That means that propaganda and all those things work(what wayward started here is a sort of propaganda too btw).

WaywardTraveller
12-10-2005, 04:06 PM
But that is kinda funny. That happens in real life too.
That means that propaganda and all those things work(what wayward started here is a sort of propaganda too btw).

(Shh, don't tell anyone...!)

Pure propaganda and basic psychology at work. There's nothing like mob mentality crafted to your cause! At least I believe I've been honorable and not malicious about it in any way.

Very much like the real world.

WILDCAT1976
12-10-2005, 04:09 PM

2000 a day...wowsers...you know how many hours of jeweling I have to do to get that...

man o man..i need to get a bonus city :spin:

Timmetie
12-10-2005, 04:20 PM
yea, havn't jeweled in months, only riyadh can support my lifestyle :D

Lukepuuk
12-10-2005, 05:06 PM
Then consider this: Tukamotton has had all 3 bonus cities for a long time.
Yet I remain that by taking the bonus cities you wouldn't have cut the main source of income in the NAR.

brodie2219
12-11-2005, 03:47 AM
well...24 hours into the fray...we still hold atlanta...we've hit a speed bump in riyhad....and NAR as a whole has gone from 504 million to 530 million......just my thought.....i went on vacation for a week and it took 6 days to pry atlanta out of my hands....tuks not on vacation..

ravip
12-11-2005, 05:05 AM
well...24 hours into the fray...we still hold atlanta...we've hit a speed bump in riyhad....

NarCysts might have a good shot at Atlanta too if we weren't worried about actually being able to hold cities. It would be nice if we had an actual date on the reset so we could make that decision ....

Aodhan
12-11-2005, 05:06 AM
Think about it, combined we have a much larger income then Tuk does. Even with the additional reinforcements we can sustain an strenuous attack longer. I just plowed through 80k NAR troops. It is hard to come by that many troops quickly unless you have massive savings.

blitzkrieg
12-11-2005, 07:20 AM
It seems obvious maths to me, if we have 23 active members and you have possibly 50, you all collectively have double the resource collection than us. Therefore even if we have saved 1000s of geos, we WILL have to start dipping into them to hold that which we have fought so hard to control. City income is irrelevant because of troop costs. If you hold your resolve, you should win.......... One alliance CANNOT control the world. Good luck everyone.

ravip
12-11-2005, 07:24 AM
Think about it, combined we have a much larger income then Tuk does. Even with the additional reinforcements we can sustain an strenuous attack longer. I just plowed through 80k NAR troops. It is hard to come by that many troops quickly unless you have massive savings.

Right, so if the anti-nar pact succedes in this Atlanta front, NarCysts can drain whatever they try to throw at Riyhad and maybe by draining two fronts we can actually hold things. The Atlanta thing seems to be fizzling though :(

The non-nar people attacking me doesn't help a whole lot either ...

blitzkrieg
12-11-2005, 07:33 AM

HAHAHAHAHA - that'd be the one thing that would kill this uprising!

Some opportunistic players trying to step up the leaderboard. Maybe they are imperialists and want to see order in the world that only NAR can offer....

You wonder if some people even check the forum..... Remind them that "there's no I in TEAM"

ravip
12-11-2005, 07:44 AM
Some opportunistic players trying to step up the leaderboard. Maybe they are imperialists and want to see order in the world that only NAR can offer....

No, I think they're just retards.

You wonder if some people even check the forum..... Remind them that "there's no I in TEAM"

I don't think they can spell team ...

ravip
12-11-2005, 07:46 AM
It seems obvious maths to me, if we have 23 active members and you have possibly 50

Half our members haven't logged on since the beginning of the semester ... if you have 23 active members that may be more than the number of active elsewhere

Timmetie
12-11-2005, 08:34 AM
our members havn't been "really" active for a long time now, Tukamotton has ruled the world when we were away and he did such a good job i dont think you're going to bring him down now :D.

but i think i woke some of em up for the counter attack, lets see if we can get all cities before reset.

blitzkrieg
12-11-2005, 11:38 AM
but i think i woke some of em up for the counter attack, lets see if we can get all cities before reset.

WOW! Bold statement, I think they should all have a better chance of bring us down than of us taking over the world, but bugger it, let's have a crack at it!

Timmetie and his big mouth....... I hope Luke has some problems with changing the server - I wanna see what happens here!!!!!!

tony bennett
12-11-2005, 11:40 AM
Ok I'll rephrase it:
That better?
Right kind of you, thank you.

WaywardTraveller
12-11-2005, 03:53 PM
Right, so if the anti-nar pact succedes in this Atlanta front, NarCysts can drain whatever they try to throw at Riyhad and maybe by draining two fronts we can actually hold things. The Atlanta thing seems to be fizzling though :(

Too many selfish vultures coming out of the woodwork unfortunately.

It seems that, even with a huge non-aggression pact in place, a TON of people would rather try to take advantage of people trying to fight the big guy.

Why they do it, I don't know. They don't get ahead in the long run that way, but do undermine attempts at taking down NAR. Grr.

Riyadh fell, and Atlanta would have by now too if people would play smart!

Timmetie
12-11-2005, 04:13 PM
yes, and in the spirit of you all being sorry sobs who cant keep their pity crusade going i'd like to correct you by saying riyadh fell twice now :D

Lukepuuk
12-11-2005, 04:19 PM
And worse for them....it's almost back in NAR hands again...

ravip
12-11-2005, 07:52 PM
We had over a million troops ready to drain NAR holding ryihad. If we didn't have to waste them on el hombre estúpido and he had sent them into NAR we might had stood a chance.

tony bennett
12-11-2005, 07:59 PM
We had over a million troops ready to drain NAR holding ryihad. If we didn't have to waste them on el hombre estúpido and he had sent them into NAR we might had stood a chance.
Please expand. thanks

Lukepuuk
12-11-2005, 08:16 PM
NAR cysts seemed pretty strong as well.

ravip
12-11-2005, 08:25 PM
Please expand. thanks

We could have been a huge drain on NAR over Ryhad which would have made things easier for the Atlanta team, if it weren't for having to blow 250k troops on non-nar people when their troops could have been going into fighting nar too.

ravip
12-11-2005, 08:27 PM
NAR cysts seemed pretty strong as well.

Ah yes, a mighty parasite we once were. *sob*

Alas, there exists even greater yet supremely incompetent parasites in the gworld :(

Lukepuuk
12-11-2005, 08:48 PM
We could have been a huge drain on NAR over Ryhad which would have made things easier for the Atlanta team, if it weren't for having to blow 250k troops on non-nar people when their troops could have been going into fighting nar too.

I think that is the problem with something like this.
You try to get everyone to fight the big enemy, and they seize the chance to finally have something of their own.
They don't go for bringing the big alliance down, but try to have something themselves, and there is no easier target then the one who thought of the pact, as they know they will have little defenses left.

ravip
12-11-2005, 08:57 PM
There's more non-nar people outside/heading to riyahd ... anyone have any ideas how to deal with this?

lorial
12-11-2005, 09:05 PM
many ppl don't know about this pact--i will deal with it by writing to the non-NAR ppl who are headed to riyadh, but i think that we should focus on atlanta now

ravip
12-11-2005, 09:11 PM
many ppl don't know about this pact--i will deal with it by writing to the non-NAR ppl who are headed to riyadh, but i think that we should focus on atlanta now

It's lame to give Nar Riyahd's bonus income during the seige for Atlanta just because of a couple dorks who would then attack Atlanta anyway ...

lorial
12-11-2005, 09:15 PM
maybe we could choose a specific date and time to attack some city, this could be done on via personal messages to one rep from each non-NAR alliance: i am not sure which ones so far, the ones i know of are:

NAR-cyst
German clan
Anti NAR Pact

please list others and then we can communicate in private through messaging.

jokosr
12-11-2005, 09:18 PM
Too many selfish vultures coming out of the woodwork unfortunately.

It seems that, even with a huge non-aggression pact in place, a TON of people would rather try to take advantage of people trying to fight the big guy.

Why they do it, I don't know. They don't get ahead in the long run that way, but do undermine attempts at taking down NAR. Grr.

Riyadh fell, and Atlanta would have by now too if people would play smart!

i dont think i like this statement....if you get all the bonus cities how is that going to help me?? iam not in any alliance....so if you take them are you going to give me some geos???? if i would take the cities iam sure you would attack me tooo.... so becareful who you call vultures..............

ravip
12-11-2005, 10:47 PM
i dont think i like this statement....if you get all the bonus cities how is that going to help me?? iam not in any alliance....so if you take them are you going to give me some geos???? if i would take the cities iam sure you would attack me tooo.... so becareful who you call vultures..............

Trust me, the bonus income from a bonus city does not even come close to the cost of holding it. I dumped 25k geos into holding it for a couple days, it brought in 2k a day. The bonus you get is NAR trying to take back riyadh rather than pouncing on you any opportunity they get because they have nothing better to do.

If you want a bonus city to yourself, take cape town. Nobody but NAR should be concerned about taking it from you ...

Lukepuuk
12-11-2005, 10:51 PM
I think in a normal game, a big alliance wouldn't get this far.
But because of the coming reset, a lot of players who used to be active, stopped playing and just waited.
Knowing that no reset will be coming should be enough for players to stay active as they know they can build up something.

brodie2219
12-12-2005, 12:07 AM
Trust me, the bonus income from a bonus city does not even come close to the cost of holding it. I dumped 25k geos into holding it for a couple days, it brought in 2k a day.

hahaha...welcome to the world of having a "bonus" city.....the cost of upkeep for the troops you need to defend them far exceed the "bonus" not to mention that you need to buy thousands of troops every other day to even hold it.

ravip
12-12-2005, 12:39 AM
hahaha...welcome to the world of having a "bonus" city.....the cost of upkeep for the troops you need to defend them far exceed the "bonus" not to mention that you need to buy thousands of troops every other day to even hold it.

Right ... if any non-nar people want to try their hand at holding ryhad they're welcome to. Just let us know beforehand so we can coordinate it smoothly with each other rather than attacking for it. Best, though, would be to take atlanta ...

jokosr
12-12-2005, 01:04 AM

but brodie i remember back when nobody was attacking you in atlanta... a few days can get you a bunch of geos cant it?.....and if you were losing geos you could not afford to buy the troops to keep it.so i think there is still a big advantage.....until now when everyone is attacking it.....

WaywardTraveller
12-12-2005, 02:51 AM

I've already posted elsewhere that this is not about personal gain, for me or my current temp alliance, or my actual alliance. This is purely about seeing if it is possible to take down an alliance the size of NAR.

The siege is intended to work like this: EVERYONE attacks one city at a time until it falls, who ever was the last to attack keeps it, like a lottery. Then move on to the next. Order of cities is Atlanta, Cape Town, Riyadh (already fallen) Then the rest of their cities, biggest to smallest. I've posted this elsewhere in this thread.

And you are more than welcome to join the Anti NAR Pact. It will be disbanded immediately upon successfully defeating NAR, or reset occurs.