PDA

View Full Version : Looking for a Hungary Village!

Corsa_lady
12-09-2005, 09:37 PM
Hi everybody!

Iīm looking for a Village in Hungary called Balf, itīs north from Sopron and near Austria, I loked so many hours but didnīt found it, did anybody of you know where it is? Please help me out. Thanks!

huwyngr
12-09-2005, 10:31 PM
Hi everybody!

Iīm looking for a Village in Hungary called Balf, itīs north from Sopron and near Austria, I loked so many hours but didnīt found it, did anybody of you know where it is? Please help me out. Thanks!

I put [Sopron, Hu] in the search box of GE and it flew me right there.

If you don't find it shout again and maybe I can leanr how to attach/insert a kmz file. Maybe I have ....

Yes that worked but you may want to zoom out a bit since the resolution is not very high compared with some of the new data.

huwyngr
12-10-2005, 03:39 AM
My other reply to you was not really helpful -- I read your message too quickly and missed that it was Balf you were looking for.

I did a Google on Balf, Hu and found that it is on the shores of Lake Ferto which is the big lake to the East of Sopron.

If you go to http://www.houses.hu/balf/gyogykemping/ and click on the map it enlarges it and you can see Balf to the SouthEast of Sopron.

Based on this, including the railroad tracks and showing those on Google for that area, I'm guessing that Balf may be where the link I've attached is, or thereabouts <s>

On the other hand it may be further to the South East since I've just seen that it is 15km from Sopron.

Hope that helps. Sorry about the confusion of the other message.

Corsa_lady
12-10-2005, 02:52 PM
Hi! My Dad was born there and I want to suprise him with seeing his Bornplace. Yeah itīs Balf, thank you so much for your Help

huwyngr
12-10-2005, 08:38 PM
Perhaps they will upgrade the resolution one of these days -- the detail in some parts of the UK is amazing now with the December 2 data updates.

I used to go to Budapest fairly often on business in the 1970's and always enjoyed it -- a beautiful city and very nice people.

Have a look at this part of Lake Balaton and you'll see the high resolution -- there are some other bits of Hungary like that too.

Corsa_lady
12-11-2005, 11:25 AM
Thanks it looks great yeah I bet theyīll make the View someday.