PDA

View Full Version : Bright light outside Plymouth, Uk

tulseluper
12-13-2005, 10:29 PM
i found this odd reflection outside plymouth.

any ideas about what this is? seems like a reflection of sorts, but seems to be abnormaly strong, though.

McMaster_de
12-13-2005, 10:35 PM
What about a large greenhouse?

tulseluper
12-13-2005, 11:02 PM
This is a normal reflection for a greenhouse? I suspectt something i like that, seeing that he sat.pic. is in strong daylight.

Though, i think it's a nice shot anyhow.
(What I do wonder about, however, is why this particular building reflects the light so strong - but not the surrounding buildings (which look like greenhouses. But of course it could depend on the angle.))

maxxxheimer
12-14-2005, 08:31 AM
it depends on the angle. the sun and the sattelite have to be placed in a special way, and the other greenhouses have another roof construction (?).

Highlander739
12-14-2005, 11:31 AM
Since it's in the middle of a field, it could be a "polytunnel" which is like a long polythene tent used to protect crops from frost/animals/etc. They are used as greenhouses, but the clear plastic sheeting would reflect the sunlight a lot more. The buildings next to it could be just storage sheds with corrrugated iropn roofs, or something like it because a greenhouse won't be much use with a solid, opaque roof.

xoxdeCarter08
12-17-2005, 04:53 PM
Maybe something passed between the sattelite and Earth right when the picture was taken?