PDA

View Full Version : road layer problem

whoEver
07-27-2005, 09:33 AM
Hello guys!
i tryed the answer using the search function, but i couldnt find anything.

my problem is the road layer doesnt match with the real pictures, also the towns are maked too high. is it possible to correct that? or is it a bug and i should re-install GE? i dont have plus version tho.

hope you can help me

greets
wE

Stadsman
07-27-2005, 09:54 AM
Hello guys!
i tryed the answer using the search function, but i couldnt find anything.

my problem is the road layer doesnt match with the real pictures, also the towns are maked too high. is it possible to correct that? or is it a bug and i should re-install GE? i dont have plus version tho.

hope you can help me

greets
wE
This is more a question for the GoogleEarth people or GoogleEarth help. Try looking in bbs.keyhole.com (http://bbs.keyhole.com) for a possible answer. Also, try to be more specific about your issue. Adding a placemarker file (kml/kmz) to illustrate the problem might help. Good luck

JBSurveyor
08-01-2005, 04:07 AM
This may be a "Map Datum "problem.
ie the vector graphics - points , lines, polygons - may have been captured in a coord system with a different map datum to that of the image.
Map datum refers to the origin and shape of the projected reference frame.
eg in Australia there is a 200m difference between AGD66 (on most maps compiled before 2000) and WGS84 (new geocentric datum - default on most new spatial data sets and GPS receivers).
See Geoscience Australia website for more info.
OR
ask a surveyor!

Regards,
JBSurveyor