ronidaher
12-20-2005, 01:23 PM
Hi...
I can't find a map for milam metro...
Is there one...
thanks in advance

McMaster_de
12-20-2005, 03:39 PM
Type Milan Subway by Google. There are a lot of maps.

ronidaher
12-20-2005, 06:55 PM
Thanks
but I need one for google earth. just the kmz telling me where r the metro stations and not a layer. There are one for Rome but for Milan I can't find for google earth

Thanks again

ronidaher
12-21-2005, 11:20 AM
So Milan Metro is not worth showing on Google earth. No KMZ guys

McMaster_de
12-21-2005, 11:32 AM
Why you don`t make a overlay with one of the maps?

ronidaher
12-22-2005, 05:29 AM
I don't know how to make an overlay

araT
12-22-2005, 06:18 AM
You can learn how to make an overlay by reading this thread (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4133)

T.

kazuma
06-09-2006, 03:29 PM
Thanks
but I need one for google earth. just the kmz telling me where r the metro stations and not a layer. There are one for Rome but for Milan I can't find for google earth

Thanks again

You are right. I cannot stand that a city like Rome has a map and Milan, whose subway system is way better than Rome's, hasn't.

So I just set up the first release. There are only the 3 main lines (red, green and yellow), and it is missing the "Passante" that is actually considered as an additional line. I hope to put that up as soon as possible.

Regards,
Kazuma

richardmtl
06-09-2006, 05:05 PM
Hi there,

It's a good start. I'd reccommend changing the icons, and putting a custom icon (either hosting it somewhere, or including it in the KMZ), such as several people have done. Take a look at my <shameless promotion alert> Mexico Metro (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile6643/Mexico-City-Metro-System.htm) file <end shameless promotion> for an idea of what I mean. I've hosted the custom icons on my own site, but I would probably reccommend including yours in the KMZ. You can use the logo of the system, and change the color of the Station Names to match the line color.

Have fun!

kazuma
06-09-2006, 08:15 PM
Hi there,

It's a good start. I'd reccommend changing the icons, and putting a custom icon (either hosting it somewhere, or including it in the KMZ), such as several people have done. Take a look at my <shameless promotion alert> Mexico Metro (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile6643/Mexico-City-Metro-System.htm) file <end shameless promotion> for an idea of what I mean. I've hosted the custom icons on my own site, but I would probably reccommend including yours in the KMZ. You can use the logo of the system, and change the color of the Station Names to match the line color.

Have fun!

Thanks for your suggestions, they are precious...
This was my first KLM file, I took about one hour to create it...
At the beginning the idea was to put the icons with the Milan Subway Logo that I already have. Unfortunately I was at work and I didn't have much time for working on those images and the first "test" wasn't that nice. When I will add the "passante ferroviario" line, I will improve the icons too.

Again, thanks for the suggestions !!!

Regards
Kazuma

kazuma
06-16-2006, 10:08 PM
It's a good start....

Richard, I have finally followed your suggestions, adding (thanks to a friend) the missing underground line and the icons to substitute the GE ones.

Regards,
Kazuma

richardmtl
06-16-2006, 11:21 PM
Hey, great work! Much better than before!

Now, try adding lines to it. You can do it by using the same coordinates that you gave to the stations. However, unless you have GE Pro (or is it Plus?), you'll have to edit the file manually, and not within GE.

Richard

kazuma
06-18-2006, 12:49 PM
Hey, great work! Much better than before!

Now, try adding lines to it. You can do it by using the same coordinates that you gave to the stations. However, unless you have GE Pro (or is it Plus?), you'll have to edit the file manually, and not within GE.

Richard

Thanks!

Well, adding lines "manually" is not difficoult at all, but just a long work, since in the file I think I have the coordinates of the different stops not that ordered (i have generated the kmz from a poi-edit file through a small java application i have written).

Thanks again.

regards,
Kazuma