PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars

GEH4EVR
12-23-2005, 06:51 PM
Hello everyone I just wanted a post where people could share there thoughts about Star Wars and the items related to it, I was thinking if you find anything on Google Earth like where some scenes were shot, or if anyone created overlays for Star Wars planets you could post them here.
It doesn't even have to be Google Earth like if you created a really cool Star Wars Picture or have links to good sites then put them here.
Or do you like a certain person in Star Wars that you would like to tell others about here's your chance. And as the Jedi say

MAY THE FORCE BE WITH YOU. ;)

http://gpclone.blogs.sapo.pt/arquivo/Star_Wars_Logo.jpg

Pothole
12-23-2005, 10:01 PM
WOOHOO! What a good idea GEH4EVR!!! It'll take a lotta research to create actual SW planet overlays, I'm thinking <unless you have the right reference books>. Awesome idea to mark the filming locations on GE....off the top of my head there's Tunisia, Italy, the U.S., FOX Studios in Australia....ooh, ooh..and Norway. Gotta be some more. I need my reference books which are somewhere buried in my collection. I'll see what I can find and see how lucky I am to find the exact spot on GE <wouldn't it be great if an aeriel image was taken of a particular location WHILE they were filming?! Alas, chances are better winning the lottery or getting crushed by one of the satellites taking the shots!>
Just found this forum and website yesterday, and can't wait to fill my GE with all the extra lil' goodies! Kudos to the sysadmins! :cool:

GEH4EVR
12-23-2005, 11:00 PM
Great work Padawan.

GEH4EVR
12-24-2005, 10:00 AM
I have done Endor,Tatooine,Coruscant and the Death Star as overlays, You can download them from the files(downloads)section of the website as they are too large to post here.

dbrandt6
12-25-2005, 09:08 PM
I can' t find them? Thanks... great idea!

GEH4EVR
12-26-2005, 12:04 AM
Just go to the Google Earth Hacks main page by clicking on the symbol from the forum, Then go to the top left of the screen and just a bit down you should see a link that says File Downloads and click on that,Then near the top middle of the screen it should say Unapproved Files click on that,
near the bottom of the page at numbers 27-30 should be the files.
But when they get approved you can just type in the name of the file.

maxxxheimer
12-26-2005, 12:05 PM
or click on his name; view public profile and then on the number of files the person submitted.

GEH4EVR
12-26-2005, 03:53 PM
Thank you Maxxxheimer.

Macabee92
12-30-2005, 07:11 PM
Can anybody find any maps of: Mos Espa or Mos Eisley on Tatooine?

Much Appreciated.

BradG7
12-30-2005, 10:31 PM
I've never heard of "Mos Espa", r u sure it's on tatooine?

Macabee92
12-30-2005, 11:12 PM
Mos Espa (http://www.starwars.com/databank/location/mosespa/index.html) .

BradG7
12-30-2005, 11:45 PM
The place where the pod-races are held, I stand corrected, thank you.

Macabee92
12-31-2005, 02:14 PM
So does anybody know of some maps?