PDA

View Full Version : User CP: Profile picture

BradG7
01-02-2006, 09:29 PM
I'm having difficulty getting a picture that the site will accept, any suggestions? :confused: thanks

Captain Hornblower
01-03-2006, 06:46 AM
Profile picture? Do you mean the avatar? Its maxmimum size is 90 x 90 pixels and maximum 24.4 kB.
Is it on your computer or hosted in the web? When it's on your computer, in which folder is it? When it's in the "own files" (don't know the correct name in the English version of windows), please move it to another less private folder and try it again.
And finally: The more precisely the question is the the better the answers are...

BradG7
01-03-2006, 11:54 PM
Thanks for the tips, but i get a message that says, "The uploaded file is not a valid GIF, JPG, or PNG file. Please ensure that it is and try again."
The pic is on my computer, it was in the "My Pictures" folder, but i moved it 2 the desktop :confused: :spin: :confused:

maxxxheimer
01-04-2006, 07:59 AM
there are formats, like JPG, BMP, GIF, PNG, these are the most commen ones.
here it says, that it has to be a valid GIF, JPG, or PNG file.
that means you have to convert it into a valid format.
just use an easy converter (at the moment i don't really know where to find one, but i will search for it later).

hope that helped, maxxx

GEH4EVR
01-04-2006, 11:09 AM
Ok heres what to do:

1).Go to control panel then Folder options, Click on the veiw tab and then look down the list and find Show Hidden Files and Folders and put a check next to it, Then in the same list find Hide Extensions for known file types and uncheck it.
2).Close control panel, go to where the file is located, Right click it and select rename, Press backspace and then rename your file but instead of just pressing enter press .jpg then press enter.
3).Your file is now a jpg.

BradG7
01-06-2006, 09:18 PM
I did all that stuff, and it still doesn't work, it registers as a .jpg, but I get the same message. :confused:

I'm jinxed :spin:

Pryach
01-06-2006, 09:42 PM
Open the image in mspaint, save it somewhere else on your computer, and then upload it.

If that doesn't work, please tell us the dimensions and file size of the image.

BradG7
01-06-2006, 09:46 PM
Thank you my friend, we all could take a page out of your book :clap:
it's 56x46, I'm not that stupid, just close ;)