PDA

View Full Version : How to Convert *.CSV into *.kml

hedgehog
01-12-2006, 11:29 AM
Does anybody know, how to convert *.csv into *.kml Files? I already know, that kml-Files are a Sort of xml. But if I convert my csv File into a xml-File and rename it to kml, GE didn't accept it (Parce error...)
:confused:
Thx,
hedgehog

kareemamir
01-13-2006, 08:43 AM
Does anybody know, how to convert *.csv into *.kml Files? I already know, that kml-Files are a Sort of xml. But if I convert my csv File into a xml-File and rename it to kml, GE didn't accept it (Parce error...)
Thx,
hedgehog

take a look at bbs keyhole

Forkboy2
01-15-2006, 04:24 AM
Thx,
hedgehog

It's simple to do with the Mail Merge feature of MS Word if all your entries in the csv file have a lat and lon with them. But you have to know a little bit about kml.

Matt

lee_rimar
01-15-2006, 04:35 AM
GPSBabel (http://www.gpsbabel.org) will take just about any kind of data used by any GPS or mapping programs and convert it to any other format. Includes KML, and you can build custom descriptors for any kind of CSV formatted data.

As a command-line program with about a zillion options, it's kinda hard to use until you set up your own scripting to do just the tasks you want. But it is free, and open source...