PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know what these are?

Ahay
01-14-2006, 03:48 PM
I found these along the coast of South Africa. Does anyone know what they are? A little dirty for pools.

stefankarakashev
01-14-2006, 03:53 PM
or pools, or storage containers. that's what i can think of

BradG7
01-14-2006, 05:29 PM
They could be private pools, there is what appears to be a helicopter landing pad near them :spin:

McMaster_de
01-14-2006, 07:47 PM
This are Tidal Pools and they are open to the public.

The upper one is at Bordjiesrif and the lower at Buffelsbaii.

The picture shows Bordjesrif.

Ahay
01-14-2006, 08:34 PM
Thanks McMaster de and everyone else. I should have know this, I used to live up the road in Port Elizabeth. I thought the coastline was too high there for them to be pools. I stand corrected.

pelpinda
11-27-2006, 09:40 PM
Since you lived in Port Elizabeth, what is the best way to find a street there?!? Is there a specific routeplanner I can use, who has very good details?

The streets are not yet available in Google Earth! Hopefully you can help me out!

Ravenfeather
11-27-2006, 11:45 PM
Since you lived in Port Elizabeth, what is the best way to find a street there?!? Is there a specific routeplanner I can use, who has very good details?

The streets are not yet available in Google Earth! Hopefully you can help me out!
Try a road map, or Google Maps...
Google Earth shouldn't be relied on to find tiny things, like roads...
Oh, And Welcome To Google Earth Hacks. We hope you enjoy your stay and that things are to your liking. Dinner will be served at 5:00. ;)

BradG7
11-28-2006, 11:20 PM
Dinner will be served at 5:00. ;)
LOL :rofl:

Google Earth can be used to find roads in the US very accuratly, otherwise, local government sites could have maps of the area, !Yahoo or Google maps other wise a road map is the only way.

Google Maps uses the same roads database as GE does I believe.