PDA

View Full Version : great file delays - prefer current event?

PeterLustig
07-28-2005, 02:24 PM
it seems to be there are great delays for adding a new file. this is espacially not satisfying for current events.
in detail I added a file with the golf courses of the pro tours for this week on monday (as I did for last week). the file should only be added for download for the current week. today the current file is not ready for download, but the golfschedule file of last week is still there. wouldn't it be reasonably to prefer files for the current event categorie in the adding queue?

ps: sorry for the incomplete post before

Mickey
07-28-2005, 02:42 PM
it seems to be there are great delays for adding a new file. this is espacially not satisfying for current events.
I know. I'm very sorry. The number of new files being submitted is far beyond what I anticipated for this young site. I've been working furiously to improve our approval process as well as to get more people on board to help us get caught up. The approval delay is slowly getting smaller and smaller, and hopefully we'll be completely caught up in a few more days.

wouldn't it be reasonably to prefer files for the current event categorie in the adding queue?
That's a good idea. I hadn't considered it, but maybe I'll make it so the current events show up at the top of our queue of files to approve.

ps: sorry for the incomplete post before
No problem - it's been removed.

Thanks,
Mickey

PeterLustig
07-28-2005, 04:16 PM
about the imcomplety post: I tried just to edit it, but I was told afterwards that it is only possible to edit within 3 minutes after posting. I don't see the reason. why souldn't I be able to edit my posts whenever I want?