PDA

View Full Version : I posted a file twice and it is empty

johntrim040851
01-21-2006, 02:31 PM
I posted a file twice and it is empty. :whine: I posted the first time and waited for it to be approved. I checked later and it was denied. :confused: The reason given was that the file was empty. :crysmilie I then reposted the file and went to the Unapproved files and tried to download it and nothing happened the file appers to be empty. I thought I followed the same procedure as other files I've posted but now I'm not sure. :confused: I created the file on GE then I hit "Save as" and saved it as a KMZ file to my computer. Then I uploaded it to The Keyhole BBS and it went through just fine on there. I then uploaded it to GEH and got nothing. On the upload page where it asks for file I hit browse and found the file on my computer. This is the same way I have done it with my other files.
the name of the file is: The Kalakala A wonderfully differant kind of ferryboat

Captain Hornblower
01-21-2006, 03:33 PM
Does the file includes overlay(s). I couldn't see that as you spoke about placemarks. If there are overlay(s) included, the file must be <2.5 MB.
If there are no overlay(s), I have no idea...

johntrim040851
01-22-2006, 05:12 AM
Yeah there are a couple of overlays in the file, but I can eliminate them with out any problem.

Thank You.

johntrim040851
01-22-2006, 05:23 AM
I modified the file and reposted, so we will see what happens now.

Again thanks

johntrim040851
01-22-2006, 09:08 AM
Finally the file went through.

Thanks