PDA

View Full Version : What happened there?!

cyjohnny
07-29-2005, 07:10 PM
I found this at a road near Bagdad and am wondering what has happened there!?

dolph
07-29-2005, 08:30 PM
They were giving out food?

The Red box is a huge magnet?

Steeefan
07-31-2005, 08:55 PM
The Red box is a huge magnet?agreed.

Atlanta Mike
08-01-2005, 03:59 AM
WTF? what is that

Merrow
08-01-2005, 01:20 PM
maybe just a crash at the street

ulmen
08-01-2005, 01:26 PM
Maybe there was a terrosrist act so anybody must wait...

Rwootton
08-01-2005, 05:52 PM
could it be a checkpoint?

BaTtYCodA
08-10-2005, 04:51 AM
hey its the first Iraq McDonalds drivethrough!
look up the road and i think you`ll find a chemical/petrol refinery

watts
08-10-2005, 05:42 PM
could it be a checkpoint?

I would think a checkpoint except if you look a little further south, you'll see the actual checkpoint with all the barriers setup in the road. I bet the lanes narrow down to one as they approach the checkpoint and in typical impatient Iraqi driver fashion, everyone is trying to get around the slower vehicles any which way they can. They will typically jump across the median and drive against traffic on those four lane highways. Of course, when they realize there's a checkpoint coming up, they have to jump back across, hence the traffic jams. They are also notorious for creating four lanes where there are only supposed to be one or two. You can see a bunch of cars in the median that look like they might be trying to get back across or they're creating new lanes. I used to get my driver to speed up and cut them off with our Humvee when they tried to cut back across in front of the checkpoint. The nice little sign that said anyone coming within 100 meters of our convoy would be shot usually kept them from trying cut back in.

A little further analysis...Notice the vehicles south of the traffic jam? There's one that's staggered off the semi trucks. That looks like a Humvee operating as a security truck. They will stagger themselves when they can't see around the larger semi trucks. That's probably an American convoy approaching the checkpoint. That would explain the traffic jam behind them. Nobody wants to get shot at.