PDA

View Full Version : Fiat Contest with Google Earth

Acman3192
02-21-2006, 12:37 AM
Fiat, the famous Italian automobile maker has a contest going using Google Earth to win a trip to Italy to and possibly win four Fiats! Read more at Fiat's website. (http://www.fiat.com)

Appletom
02-21-2006, 01:50 AM
Wow - The things that can be done with GEarth. I own point number 327709. if I win, I will give Acman3192 a ride in my new Fiat.

cermo
02-21-2006, 05:48 AM
The rules say anyone can join, but several pages in I saw this fine print:

(*)The Fiat Sedici can be awarded as a prize to contest winners in the following countries: Italy, France, Great Britain, Austria, Switzerland, Greece and Spain.

I'm not sure how that's supposed to read. Does that only contest winners in those countries can win the car? Or does it just mean that you have to go to one of those countries in order to aquire the car?

In the first case, is there an alternate prize? I can't find mention of one, should Americans/Canadians/Germans just not enter? In the second case, what does it cost to ship a car to the US? Not to mention weird fees and taxes the government probably hits you with. Would I even want to win this car?

I'm not one to turn down a free anything, but if I were to pay to have a car shipped over from Europe, it probably wouldn't be a Fiat. I'd rather sell the Fiat and use the money to ship the front end of a Vauxhall Monaro home, and use it to "fix" an '06 Pontiac GTO.

Acman3192
02-23-2006, 03:16 AM
Wow - The things that can be done with GEarth. I own point number 327709. if I win, I will give Acman3192 a ride in my new Fiat.

Thanks!! :cool:

And in response to the rules, I think only people in those countries listed can win the Fiats, but I think anybdoy in any country can win the trip to Italy and go to the Italian Grand Prix. Hey, I live in the USA, and I wouldn't mind just going to Italy and going to the Italian GP!

GEH4EVR
02-23-2006, 10:12 AM
Fiat, the famous Italian automobile maker has a contest going using Google Earth to win a trip to Italy to and possibly win four Fiats! Read more at Fiat's website. (http://www.fiat.com)

I just entered and I am 85718!

BradG7
02-23-2006, 01:13 PM
As far as importing a car to America, it would cost a pretty penny, and American Customs would be suspicous(and mad because of tariffs being avoided) if you claimed it was "free"! The last thing would be finding a flight or ship route that would let you put the car on it, because usually companies have to reserve cargo space a month in advanced, and in bulk(more than 1 kilo)

Acman3192
04-22-2006, 12:48 AM
So......Did anybody here at GEH win the Google Earth Fiat Sedici Contest?