PDA

View Full Version : Google Earth for Real Estate Searching

kinlock
02-22-2006, 11:31 PM
I need to find out more about taking a search from a MLS (Multiple Listing Service) and convert/build a Google Earth presentation with the houses found in the search. The MLS search yields a "print file". Would need to convert address into latitude/longitude. Would like to include HTML on presentation so client could click on the placemark to finf more info on house.

Has anybody done this? Could anybody do this? Any "hired guns" arouns who could build this?

Gandolf
02-23-2006, 12:31 AM
I would love to see this done. I know this was done for a Colorado Real Estate company. I am currently in the process of retiring and have been using GE to research property (where Hires enough) mostly in Arizona and New Mexico.It is great when it works right.

Appletom
02-24-2006, 04:56 AM
http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393 shows a link (and instructions) for a real estate company in Colorado who is doing this. Granted, they misspelled Colorado (Colordao) in the first sentence on their home page - (I guess they hired Hypeserver as their webmaster :lol: ) but the fact that their website creates a kmz file on the fly based on the number of bedrooms, minimum price, max price, zip code, city, etc,. is phenomenal.

kinlock
03-09-2006, 02:10 PM
Our problem is we have:
(1) the real estate file ;)
(2) Google Earth (of course) :shock:
(3) A WebSite ;)

What we don't have is the technologu (script?) to extract real estate data into a KML file. :crysmilie

Does anybody do this for a living?

mharrell
03-11-2006, 02:12 AM
They actually hired her husband :). I'm the developer for coloradofuture.com. I made a last minute change to the front page a while back and didn't spell check (duh!!). I can't believe nobody mentioned it until now.

Anyway, to get geocodes use http://developer.yahoo.net/maps/rest/V1/geocode.html

To create the kml, I am just doing it dynamically when the request comes in. Just open the kml file that is downloaded in a text editor and you can see how I built it.
I then set the following in the response header:
Response.AddHeader("Content-Disposition",attachment;filename=ColoradoFuture.kml");
Response.ContentType = "application/keyhole";

Obviosly the devil is in the details :crysmilie .

By the way, I am not interested in doing any work. Sorry!