PDA

View Full Version : my denied file

mr1134
02-26-2006, 07:52 PM
i upped an file of the bielefeld station area and it was denied due to inproper positioning. i can only say one thing, it took me more than two hours to fit it to the roads layer. there are files on here, which even got a fit worse than this. so if u're are in any form interested in this file i ask u to correct it by yourself.
sorry for being so untalented.
i realize that it doesn't fit exactly to the picture, but otherwise the roads would be absolutely displaced.

and please be aware of the fact, that some of the roads didn't exist when the photo was taken (Nowgorodstrasse).

Captain Hornblower
02-27-2006, 07:13 AM
It was me, who denied it. The road layer is shifted very often, sometimes up to some kilometers. The maximum I found was ~5 km (near Gelsenkirchen). So it's better to allign it to the picture, not the road layer.
If you look at the basic picture provided by GE, even if it's poor resolution, you can identify the shapes of streets, the shape of big buildings, especially when they are white or bright. Use them to move your picture to a better position. And actually it took me 2 minutes to fit it to the picture below.

mr1134
02-27-2006, 03:07 PM
it was my first layer ever inserted in ge, so i had to discover all the controls.
it took me already like ten minutes to find out how to rotate the layer. i really tried my best until i figured out, that it was near impossible to make it congruent to all roads.
i'm pretty sure it would have taken less time, if i tried to align it to the satellite-picture. i'd like to thx u for ur help and i hope that any further contributions of me, will better aligned. (of course directly to the sattelite image then).

will ur corrected version be added to the database, or should i reupp a corrected version?

cheers mr1134

Captain Hornblower
02-27-2006, 03:27 PM
Please resubmit it...

Captain Hornblower
03-01-2006, 05:51 PM
Looks better now... :)