PDA

View Full Version : US Presidentila Libraries

Werner11
07-31-2005, 06:05 AM
Who joins in seeking all Presidential Libraries?
I'd like to start with JFK's in Boston.

Hae a nice day with GE!

rob_lewis
08-01-2005, 01:46 PM
Clinton Library and Museum (ground broke for construction).
Bush Library and Museum (Area where it is, not built in this picture).
Regan Library and Museum
Carter Library and Museum
Ford Library (but not museum).

-Rob

rob_lewis
08-01-2005, 02:55 PM
Ford Musuem
Nixon Library and Museum
LBJ Library and Museum
Einsenhower Library and Museum
Truman Library and Museum

-Rob

Werner11
08-01-2005, 04:38 PM
Hello Rob,

you seem to be a real expert in presidential history. Do you know which president was the first one who got a museum/library?

thanks, Werner

rob_lewis
08-01-2005, 05:52 PM
Nope, not an expert on history, just an expert on web searches!!

Searching found that FDR had the first library.

The map is attached.

-Rob

watts
08-01-2005, 06:39 PM
I live in College Station so I'm familiar with the Bush Library. If you look to the west of your placemark you'll see the Library/Museum complex and the Bush School. With the road overlay on you'll see Barbara Bush Drive. Notice the path it takes. The actual road is 320 meters further southwest on George Bush Drive and if you could drag that road overlay over, you'd see it matches. Your placemark is closer to the livestock arena. :)

See my corrected KMZ file.

rob_lewis
08-01-2005, 07:51 PM
I live in College Station so I'm familiar with the Bush Library. If you look to the west of your placemark you'll see the Library/Museum complex and the Bush School. With the road overlay on you'll see Barbara Bush Drive. Notice the path it takes. The actual road is 320 meters further southwest on George Bush Drive and if you could drag that road overlay over, you'd see it matches. Your placemark is closer to the livestock arena. :)

Oops! I've only been there once, and it was a couple of years ago, so I couldn't remember what it looked like and simply based it on the address and where Google took me.

Thanks for the update!

-Rob