PDA

View Full Version : Update my existing file

johnpanter
04-08-2006, 10:23 AM
Could you update my old 'UK Paragliding Sites' file with the newer one uploaded on the 4th April 06.
I am surprised how difficult it seems to be to update / overwrite an older approved file; almost puts me of spending the time improving it.
Is there any easy way of updating my file without starting a discussion thread?
JP

PS. Have also just discovered that 95% of the original placemarks in the file, are missing when the file is downloaded!! Where have they gone?

Captain Hornblower
04-08-2006, 10:29 AM
It has been updated in the existing file, means I have exchanged the kmz-file in the submission of 04.03. (?).

johnpanter
04-08-2006, 10:40 AM
Ahh, so you have exchanged the older file with the newer one?!? Somewhere in that process, all but 3 of the placemarks have vanished. Am now confused; WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST AS THE BEST WAY TO UPDATE AN EXISTING APPROVED FILE. . . SORRY FOR BEING A BIT OIF A TECHNO BIFF.

Johnpanter

Captain Hornblower
04-08-2006, 12:04 PM
Ahh, so you have exchanged the older file with the newer one?!? Somewhere in that process, all but 3 of the placemarks have vanished. Am now confused; WHAT DO YOU SUGGEST AS THE BEST WAY TO UPDATE AN EXISTING APPROVED FILE. . . SORRY FOR BEING A BIT OIF A TECHNO BIFF.

1. No need to shout...
2. There are 3 placemarks left because the file you submitted as an update contains just the three placemarks.
3. When you want to update an existing file, please submit the whole file, not just the difference to the existing one. Then the mods will exchange the existing file