PDA

View Full Version : Doesnīt GE keep the pictures?

Loy
08-02-2005, 01:45 PM
Hello to everybody in the world from Germany :-)

I learned to drag downloaded placemarks to "myplaces" to keep them for later sessions. But once I want to revisit a place in a later session, GE downstreams all the photos again (the default satellite photos).

Canīt I keep the once downloaded photos? I imagined gigabytes of data on my harddisk after a few months from which GE would stream if necessary ... only downstreaming from the internet if not yet on harddisk.

Whatīs my mistake/misundersdanding?

felipeboralli
08-02-2005, 03:53 PM
Hello to everybody in the world from Germany :-)

Hello from Brazil, but iīm not from Germany

I learned to drag downloaded placemarks to "myplaces" to keep them for later sessions. But once I want to revisit a place in a later session, GE downstreams all the photos again (the default satellite photos).

Canīt I keep the once downloaded photos? I imagined gigabytes of data on my harddisk after a few months from which GE would stream if necessary ... only downstreaming from the internet if not yet on harddisk.

Whatīs my mistake/misundersdanding?

GE allows you to keep up to 512MB of imagery on your harddisk. They donīt explain why is not possible to store more.
Go to Tools>Options>Cache>Disk Cache to change this setting.

One thing we think is that they may update the images on a regular basis, and if all had a large cache, it would be meaningless.