PDA

View Full Version : Problem viewing NYC

f8fbearcat
08-03-2005, 09:55 PM
Hey Folks! This may be a ridiculous question, but here goes: When viewing Manhattan, NYC, I see the actual buildings for a moment and then they seem to have a white overlay on top of them, which makes viewing a pain. Does anyone know how I can fix this?
Many thanks,
Chris

Steeefan
08-03-2005, 11:19 PM
white overlay buildings you mean? just turn off 'Buildings' in the lower left control bar

f8fbearcat
08-04-2005, 01:39 AM
Ah, so simple! Thank you very much!
Chris

Mickey
08-04-2005, 02:16 AM
By asking that question, I'm assuming you haven't seen the 3D buildings yet? They're quite cool. Go back to NYC, turn buildings back on, then use the "tilt" feature, as illustrated in the attachment. COOL stuff.

f8fbearcat
08-04-2005, 08:48 PM
Your right, that is pretty cool, thanks for the info!
Chris

Dottore
08-05-2005, 12:41 PM
I have a different problem, but didn't want to open a new thread and I think it fits quite good in here:
I have buldings turned OFF but I do see 3D Buildings. I can turn it on or off, nothing happens, the buildings are always there (and I don't really like them). This is pretty annoying. Can anybody help ?? Thx

Mickey
08-05-2005, 02:02 PM
I have a different problem, but didn't want to open a new thread and I think it fits quite good in here:
I have buldings turned OFF but I do see 3D Buildings. I can turn it on or off, nothing happens, the buildings are always there (and I don't really like them). This is pretty annoying. Can anybody help ?? Thx

Wow, that's really strange. I haven't heard of that problem before. Make sure you have the latest version (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128) of GE, but that's all I can think of. Maybe someone else will have a different idea for you to try.