PDA

View Full Version : Acropolis file

stefankarakashev
05-15-2006, 08:47 PM
Hi!

To the moderator who deleted my file about the Acropolis.

I don't want to argue about such small matters, but with respect, I just want to say that I would have prefered not to have it deleted. The main reason is that, I provided tons of information about the subject, and in the end it all went to the guy who merely pointed to the acropolis (before me). It's true that I am the second user to point to the Acropolis, but I spent about 2 hours looking for as much information as I could find, and it went to somebody else.. I would be more happy if you delete my contributions now that it's not my file. But you are the moderators, so you decide, and as I said, it's no big deal for me. Thanks for your understanding

GEH4EVR
05-15-2006, 08:49 PM
I did not delete the file, however, I think it would be great if you did the research before putting that much work into a file, I would classify making sure the file isn't in the database.

Just my Thoughts.

stefankarakashev
05-15-2006, 09:06 PM
I understand you,

but I thought that you would simply accept my file because it is not a mere placemark as the one before it, but is thoroughly informative and bears importance. I don't think it's very fair to steal my work. I'd rather have it deleted

edit
Maybe it's good to have an open discussion on this matter, because maybe there are many such sites, which have just been "pointed to". What if someone decides he wants to make a better file about the site? His file will go the original guy, who didn't make any effort, except put a placemark? Or maybe his file will be deleted, so people will not know anything about the subject, save for where it is.

stefankarakashev
05-15-2006, 09:29 PM
I know moderators follow the rules, and we have to follow the rules too. But maybe some rules can be changed? After all this site is growing and evolving.

Just my Thoughts :)

GEH4EVR
05-15-2006, 09:54 PM
But maybe some rules can be changed? After all this site is growing and evolving.

Well I would talk to Mickey about that, He is the one who makes the rules

SpiderX22
05-15-2006, 10:04 PM
If you really want, I can reverse my decision. But the thing is, there was just a discussion on duplicate files, (which you also commented in) and whether we should delete them or not. Here's how it came up:
I saw your file about the church next to the acropolis. I thought, there's 2 ways to go about this:
1. I deny it, and just say it's covered in the acropolis file, and add an extra placemark (you can pretty much see this church when viewing the acropolis)
2. I accept it. But, I was going to do this, when I saw the duplicate, and with the thought of "we shouldn't have duplicates" in my mind, I took your information, uploaded your placemark in the place of the old one, and gave you credit.

Maybe I should have asked, maybe I was a bit rash, but considering the vast about of duplicates mods receive because nobody does a simple search, I was in a lousy mood. For example, I've denied three files titled "RSS Discovery." A simple search for "discovery" or "rss" shows up the file.

So here are my options to you:
1. Suck it up and next time check if the file exists first BEFORE doing two hours of research
2. If you really want, I take back my decision and bring it back to how it was
3. I delete your information
4. I put on the old file, in a much more obvious manner, that you added all this information.

If you don't like any of the above, I'm sorry, and you can look at number 1.

GEH4EVR
05-15-2006, 10:15 PM
I saw your file about the church next to the acropolis. I thought, there's 2 ways to go about this:
1. I deny it, and just say it's covered in the acropolis file, and add an extra placemark (you can pretty much see this church when viewing the acropolis)
2. I accept it. But, I was going to do this, when I saw the duplicate, and with the thought of "we shouldn't have duplicates" in my mind, I took your information, uploaded your placemark in the place of the old one, and gave you credit.

Maybe I should have asked, maybe I was a bit rash, but considering the vast about of duplicates mods receive because nobody does a simple search, I was in a lousy mood. For example, I've denied three files titled "RSS Discovery." A simple search for "discovery" or "rss" shows up the file.

1. Suck it up and next time check if the file exists first BEFORE doing two hours of research
4. I put on the old file, in a much more obvious manner, that you added all this information.

I agree with SpiderX22 on everthing.

stefankarakashev
05-15-2006, 10:26 PM
If you really want, I can reverse my decision. But the thing is, there was just a discussion on duplicate files, (which you also commented in) and whether we should delete them or not. Here's how it came up:

I knew that there was a file that pointed to the Acropolis. I had made the 1. action of your list. But I decided that the public needed to know more about the Acropolis than just see where it is situated. Do you understand?

So what is my option? Let people know more about the Acropolis, or do nothing?

I choose 2.

stefankarakashev
05-15-2006, 10:38 PM
I can't seem to find the other thread about duplicates :confused:

GEH4EVR
05-15-2006, 10:41 PM
But, In my opinion, If someone wants to learn more about a structure or location then shouldn't that be there choice? Instead of it being fed to them.

Just my thoughts.

stefankarakashev
05-15-2006, 10:43 PM
But, In my opinion, If someone wants to learn more about a structure or location then shouldn't that be there choice? Instead of it being fed to them.

Just my thoughts.
That exactly is the point! I give them the choice to know more about it by putting more information! Otherwise their only choice is to see a simple placemark.

SpiderX22
05-15-2006, 10:53 PM
Now that i'm doing this..
I know what the old file said
I have your information within the placemark, but what do you want the description to say?

SpiderX22
05-15-2006, 10:54 PM
Better yet, just submit the file again.

GEH4EVR
05-15-2006, 10:57 PM
That exactly is the point! I give them the choice to know more about it by putting more information! Otherwise their only choice is to see a simple placemark.

But what I'm saying is that if they are interested in that sort of thing then they could go out and research it, Not have it crammed down their throats.

Just my opinion.

stefankarakashev
05-15-2006, 10:57 PM
The description said:

Everything you need to know about the Acropolis! And more...

stefankarakashev
05-15-2006, 11:00 PM
But what I'm saying is that if they are interested in that sort of thing then they could go out and research it, Not have it crammed down their throats.

Just my opinion.
That's like saying "If people wanted to see satellite pictures from the world, they could make a Google Earth themselves, not have it already made"

GEH4EVR
05-15-2006, 11:01 PM
Okay, It's not my place to judge what the files should contain,but I think that if people want to know about a certain type of location then they should do it,instead of it being forced no them

But anyway,re-submit the file and it will be approved.

stefankarakashev
05-15-2006, 11:11 PM
I'm not forcing it. To force it, would mean something like "Download this file, or I'll kill you". It's their decision whether to download it or not. I'm just offering it. And besides they can delete any information from the file if they want.

I can't upload it again because I have lost it. Sorry...

SpiderX22
05-15-2006, 11:12 PM
As to why to resubmit it, I have the description, and the file, but YOU need to submit it, otherwise it would have my name.

SpiderX22
05-15-2006, 11:14 PM
You lost it? My email is down, so all I can do is make a temperary file with ur information, have you download it, then delete the file.

stefankarakashev
05-15-2006, 11:17 PM
"You lost it? My email is down, so all I can do is make a temperary file with ur information, have you download it, then delete the file."

ok

SpiderX22
05-15-2006, 11:24 PM
check unapproved files section for it, tell me when you have it

stefankarakashev
05-15-2006, 11:28 PM
check unapproved files section for it, tell me when you have it
delete it

submitted new file

SpiderX22
05-15-2006, 11:30 PM
Done..now upload it