PDA

View Full Version : Inaccuracies - eightthousander series

Yeti1
07-11-2005, 10:02 PM
I am wondering whether it is not possible to correct the inaccurate locations and rendering of the eightthousander series. e.g. Lhotse is entirely in Tibet and about 1500 m lower than Mt. Everest, there are excellent topographical maps of the area. It would be nice to have accurate representations of such spots. Also the spelling of the names would need some corrections.

Yeti

Mickey
07-11-2005, 10:04 PM
I am wondering whether it is not possible to correct the inaccurate locations and rendering of the eightthousander series. e.g. Lhotse is entirely in Tibet and about 1500 m lower than Mt. Everest, there are excellent topographical maps of the area. It would be nice to have accurate representations of such spots. Also the spelling of the names would need some corrections.

Yeti

Absolutely. In fact, feel free to correct any file on the site. When you're done, just upload it like you would do a normal file, but make it clear that you're sending a correction.

Or, just e-mail the updated file to mickey@googleearthhacks.com and let me know what file it is replacing.

Thanks!

Dom88
08-08-2005, 12:01 PM
It's not Lhotse Feng it's is Changtse
28 1'38.95"N
8654'34.04"E
7148m with Google Earth

many internet sites say 7500m ???? :???:
like http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Changtse
7583 (24,879 feet) ????