PDA

View Full Version : Flag carved in Cyprus Mountains

Etzel
08-06-2005, 10:16 PM
This file shows the Kyrenian Mountains, north of the capital Lefkosia, where a large flag of the Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus was carved out from the mountain slopes.
Beneath the flag, there is another Turkish Crescent and a Turkish quote in giant letters, that can be translated as: "How happy to say I'm a Turk"... of course the Greek people hate it. :shock:

Etzel
08-06-2005, 10:23 PM
here you are:

Yiannakis
04-14-2006, 07:03 PM
here you are:

Yeah, is that right Etzel. You should see what we have on the southern side. Its actually a proper country, namely THE REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS, not some pseudostate (TRNC as u called it) which generally consists of illegally occupied land and is supposedly run by puppets that no other country in the world recognises except mainland Turkey.

THE REPUBLIC OF CYPRUS (Which is temporarily only in the south until the north is rid of illegal occupants) is the REAL Cyprus, you know the one that is in the EU, financially wealthy and doesnt ship over illegal immigrants and have illegal military bases, etc etc. The real cyprus that can actually trade with foreign countries and participate in international events just like any other REAL international country. I'm sure you know of it.

Anyway, I think Turkey may actually use what brains they have left and actually want to resolve the cyprus issue this time to actually gain acceptance into the EU within the next few years, cause I doubt a country the size of Turkey will give up the opportunity to join the EU and also benefit from it for the sake of 37% of cyprus, that would be pretty stupid in anyones books. As you know it only takes a 4 letter word to shatter Turkeys dreams, VETO. The balls in our court Etzel, you guys just have to decide whether you want to play to. Then maybe the Greek Cypriots and REAL Turkish Cypriots can get back to living the peaceful lives they were living back before the 1974 crap.

Ah yeah and as for the writing on the mountain, if your proud of saying that it pisses off the greek side, then you my friend are one sad individual, but at the end of the day, its not the people in the south who are suffering from poverty, unemployment and starvation, but those in the illegally occupied north who at the end of the day have mainland Turkeys selfishness to blame rather than anything else.

For the sake of all Cypriots, both Greek and Turkish, I hope their is a resolution to the issue in the next few years and may there once again be peace in one of the most beautiful places on earth.