PDA

View Full Version : Are mods having problems to understand english or something?

Uniemelk
07-27-2006, 10:19 PM
I had a file denied beacause it's "all in portuguese". Yes, indeed it does have some description in portuguese, but also the equivalent translation to english, so what the feck is the problem? Is it illegal or something to help people by uploading a file with a description in two languages, so that more people can understand it? Or did the mods have trouble understanding the language they demand? I seriously can't think of anything else.

I'm not going to go any further here, I'll await a mod's answer.

Gandolf
07-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Give us the name of the file and we will look at it as a group. You may need to upload it again.

Appletom
07-28-2006, 01:10 AM
Uniemelk - The file should have been denied because it is too large, that 3 meg file could easily be a 100K file. I'm going to fix it for you and I will send you a PM, asking for your email address. BUT - I am leaving town and won't be back until Monday. Please bear with me.

And I read the description - IMHO, the file should not have been denied. You did a great job of mixing two languages.

Other mods, feel free to pipe in here.

And Uniemelk, why does the overlay flash on and off?

Gandolf
07-28-2006, 02:22 AM
The file is still to large. 2500K and as such I still cannot approve it. I will hold off on it until Tom gets back on Monday.

Locker
07-28-2006, 03:04 AM
I had the same problem as leo (we are friends, and we are always updating the city). I am sending Appletom a PM, so you could edit the description of my file (i uploaded it again after it has been denied), ok?

Thanks ^^

Uniemelk
07-28-2006, 03:11 AM
First of all, thank you to the mods for being so fast and efficient. Thumbs up for both of you.

Now back on topic,

Uniemelk - The file should have been denied because it is too large, that 3 meg file could easily be a 100K file. I'm going to fix it for you and I will send you a PM, asking for your email address. BUT - I am leaving town and won't be back until Monday. Please bear with me.

And I read the description - IMHO, the file should not have been denied. You did a great job of mixing two languages.

Other mods, feel free to pipe in here.

And Uniemelk, why does the overlay flash on and off?

Thanks for the compliment. And yes, the file could've been smaller, but I didn't know it would be any trouble at 3MB. Anyway, I'll use a compressed image to reduce size - altough it won't go much below 400kb.

Yes, I did have the flashing problem, altough I already troubleshooted it on the description: I found out that the problem appears when you have GE limit cache usage to too small sizes. My GE had 16MB/RAM and 800MB/HDD cache limits when I had that flashing problem, altough after I set the limits to 128MB/RAM and 1600MB/HDD, the overlay worked normally.
Firstly I thought it was due to the image size overloading GE, but it wasn't that at all - curiously, the flashing appeared both on a 300kb image and a 3MB image with the same size of my overlay image, so It can only be the high resolution of it.

Anyway, I'll briefly upload it again, with a smaller sized image overlay (can I get my description back anyhow? It took some work to write all that stuff).

Regards, Uniemelk.

-EDIT-

I had the same problem as leo (we are friends, and we are always updating the city). I am sending Appletom a PM, so you could edit the description of my file (i uploaded it again after it has been denied), ok?

Thanks ^^ Yep, we're making all kind of stuff for our city on GE.

Captain Hornblower
07-28-2006, 04:14 AM
(can I get my description back anyhow? It took some work to write all that stuff).

Overlay com todos os bairros do Recife, devidamente alinhado e com a proporção exata do GE. Aproveitem!

Overlay with all the districs of Recife, properly aligned and with the exact GE proportion. Enjoy!

Atenciosamente, Uniemelk.

Problemas/Troubleshooting - mande email/email me: lbrito@gmail.com

OBS.: É provável que você tenha que aumentar o limite de uso de cache pelo Google Earth, ou a imagem poderá ficar "piscando".

Eu tive este problema, e resolvi configurando no Google Earth 128MB/RAM e 1600MB/HDD para cache. Isso nada tem a ver com o tamanho da imagem, mas sim com a grande resolução dela

PS.: You may have problems with this overlay in case you don't allow Google Earth to have a fairly high ammount of cache. If you have any problems with it, just increase the cache limits. I'm using 128MB/RAM and 1600MB/HDD and it's working ok.

Uniemelk
07-28-2006, 05:09 AM
Thanks alot for the description!

I uploaded it again (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile19817/Bairros-do-Recife.htm) - now that the file's just 285kb, I guess it'll be fine. Green light for topic closed I guess. ;)

Captain Hornblower
07-28-2006, 01:58 PM
Two minor issues I would like you to think about:

You name the upload bairros do Recife, which is Portugese. I would like you to at least add the English translation because not everybody is able to get, what a bairros is. The full upload name in Englsih would be awesome.

Your description has the 'rhythm'
Portugese
English
P
E
P
E

From my point of it is difficult to read. I would suggest:

E
E
E

P
P
P

BradG7
07-28-2006, 03:10 PM
I agree whole heartedly with CaptainHornblower here, the title should be in English, and the translation to Portugese should be after the English section because English is this forums primary language ;)

Gandolf
07-28-2006, 04:32 PM
The file has been approved. This thread is now closed.