PDA

View Full Version : What is that???

Michi
08-07-2005, 11:35 PM
What is that??

Stadsman
08-08-2005, 06:16 AM
Looks like a fake airport for target practice; notice the various bomb craters.

Captain Hornblower
08-08-2005, 06:20 AM
A military airfield under construction I guess...

maddognz
08-08-2005, 06:40 AM
in case u hadnt noticed, this 'airfield' is quite near Area 51, and as was pointed out, there are many bomb craters around the area. also to the north, you can see several very large concentric circles with pylon tower structures, which i think are bombing targets. you can also see a what i think is a fake plane in the middle of the runway, probably for bombing target-practice.

aka_lil_1
03-29-2007, 11:11 PM
to tell u the truth it is more like a target practice base, do u see those big circles with the multiple "u" shaped things in them...those look like bariers to guard artillery pieces so i guess it is just a mock base, did u notice the random car there? lol

old shape
03-29-2007, 11:22 PM
to tell u the truth it is more like a target practice base, do u see those big circles with the multiple "u" shaped things in them...those look like bariers to guard artillery pieces so i guess it is just a mock base, did u notice the random car there? lol

A USA target practice base. Notice how the targets have been missed - therefore not a British target practice base.:yep:

OK already...I'm on the way out!!:giverose:;)

Jrod
03-29-2007, 11:28 PM
A USA target practice base. Notice how the targets have been missed - therefore not a British target practice base.:yep:

OK already...I'm on the way out!!:giverose:;)

That's funny, lol

Slade8
04-14-2007, 01:59 AM
That's funny, lol

http://images.yelp.com/bphoto/isV9cXlxoqeWAy5RTulGCg/l

orionP
04-23-2007, 03:14 AM
Camp Desert Rock is just south of there. Dropped nukes there late 40s early 50s.
I know one was called Operation Tumbler-Snapper. That whole area has been bombed to dust. That area was most likely a jump off point.

old shape
04-23-2007, 06:41 PM
"Dropped"......What... an Air-launched live nuke? I had previously thought that all US nuke testing was done at underground sites.

sladys
04-23-2007, 09:15 PM
OrionP is right in some way. In the 1940th and 1950th. the USA tested their bombs in the New Mexico and Nevada deserts by hanging them in a tower, but some bombs were also dropped from planes. They blew up the bombs and did let soldiers move towards the bomb after the afterchocks. They were hiding in trenches untill they were ordered to stand up and look. They were wearing special eyewear and nothing else. Most of the soldiers died later by cancer or radiation sickness.

On the photo from a Nevada test site you can see the soldiers marching towards the atom bomb, hiding in trenches or with their back towards the bomb. Even people watching it sitting in chairs wearing eyewear in a relaxing position.

old shape
04-23-2007, 10:31 PM
OrionP is right in some way. In the 1940th and 1950th. the USA tested their bombs in the New Mexico and Nevada deserts by hanging them in a tower, but some bombs were also dropped from planes. They blew up the bombs and did let soldiers move towards the bomb after the afterchocks. They were hiding in trenches untill they were ordered to stand up and look. They were wearing special eyewear and nothing else. Most of the soldiers died later by cancer or radiation sickness.

On the photo from a Nevada test site you can see the soldiers marching towards the atom bomb, hiding in trenches or with their back towards the bomb. Even people watching it sitting in chairs wearing eyewear in a relaxing position.

Yes, I have seen those pictures before, but always assumed the tests were underground to minimise surface damage, but we still get the mushroom above. I didn't know that the weapon was left above ground or indeed free-fall from an aeroplane.
We brits did the same tests and I also assumed we buried those too. Wrong I now see. That's my learning point for today. Goodnight - it's 23:31 here.

orr
05-22-2007, 03:53 AM
What is that??

i agree ,if you turn it over 180 degree i think you will support that it is a craft

ttheisen93
05-28-2007, 08:22 PM
Its one of the many practice bombing sites in the Nellis AFB Ranges, home of Red Flag.