PDA

View Full Version : UnApproved Files



ajmalbeig
08-17-2006, 11:54 AM
Hay!
Why my new added files are not yet approved after so many days??
http://www.googleearthhacks.com/myfiles.php
ajmalbeig

shrinkingman
08-17-2006, 12:07 PM
Be patient my friend. The site moderation is done by volunteers in their own time, so they do it when time allows. There are currently 67 files waiting for approval and I'm sure they will get around to yours soon. Try not to give the mods a hard time, they do a great job and they don't get a lot of thanks.

Appletom
08-17-2006, 01:24 PM
Currently, three mods are on vacation. Two of them are McMaster_de and Captain Hornblower.

I would like to remind everybody once again how much work those two do approving files. Between them they account for easily 70% of file approvals. The other mod who does most of the remaining 30% is Gandolf. Without those three, the approval time might be measured in months or years instead of days or weeks.

Captain has approved about twice as many files as McMaster. McMaster has approved more than twice as many files as all the other active mods combined!

Again, these two plus Gandolf deserve your thanks - they are truly the backbone of the over 15,000 files here on GEH.

Thanks guys!

BradG7
08-17-2006, 05:49 PM
Yes, shrinkingman and Appletom speak it very well, we are volunteers, if you look, there are plenty of files waiting, not just your own. Ways to help us are make sure the description is correct, the title is correct, the categorization is correct, no duplicates, and there are no spelling errors. We have to correct those for each file. ;)
I myself should take most of the blame for some way overdue files, because I cannot approve many files in a week due to some personal circumstances. I haven't fullfilled my goal when the recruited me as a mod :slant:

Gandolf
08-18-2006, 04:34 AM
Hay!
Why my new added files are not yet approved after so many days??
http://www.googleearthhacks.com/myfiles.php
ajmalbeig

All but 2 approved. Another mod has the other 2.

ajmalbeig
08-18-2006, 11:47 AM
Hay All!

I am obliged to all those Mods who checked and approved my uploaded files on sites of Lahore, Pakistan. They are all doing a tremendous job and of course entitled to our appreciation. I personally admire all of your efforts and time rendered to fulfill the job on volunteer basis. Continue the good work and keep your chin up to explore new horizons!
With Best Wishes & Regards to All Moderators.
ajmalbeig