PDA

View Full Version : AREA 51 fake? or not?

matrix
08-08-2005, 05:40 PM
I found some interesting spots near location that people believe area 51 is around. like building covered with something green and some buildings that are covered with sand. I dont know if there is any area 52, if its real, then i am sure that area in google is fake.
Do u think those area's are fake???

matrix
08-08-2005, 05:44 PM
Do u people want those fliles(places)?

matrix
08-08-2005, 05:45 PM
Oops, in my first comment i wrote area 52 instead of 51
srry

Steeefan
08-08-2005, 05:48 PM
Just post it and don't ask.

matrix
08-08-2005, 06:09 PM
This is the place i was talking about
buildings hidden in green, what is google trying to prove?
that american millitary is trying to cover area 51 with green colour in a desert? trying to camouflage? This is why i trhink area 51 on google earth is pre-made.
One more thing is that
on microsofts virtual earth, that area is blocked, then how come google is able show that?

emc
08-08-2005, 10:36 PM
I reckon these are weed fields. So called "Pivot Irrigation" (http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum=10&hs=opu&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&q=pivot+irrigation&btnG=Search)

araT
08-09-2005, 05:11 AM
Dream on EMC :p

Stadsman
08-09-2005, 06:53 AM
I reckon these are weed fields. So called "Pivot Irrigation" (http://images.google.co.uk/images?svnum=10&hs=opu&hl=en&lr=&client=firefox-a&rls=org.mozilla%3Aen-GB%3Aofficial&q=pivot+irrigation&btnG=Search)
You're absolutely right, EMC. Sometimes these things also get confused with crop circles. You will find these pretty much all over the world's deserts. And, lol, they certainly are not part of some whacky government conspiracy to hide the whereabouts of ET. Matrix has an interesting point though that MS Virtual Earth is more restrictive in showing airforce bases and testing sites than GE (see also this thread (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/showthread.php?t=777) on a related topic).

araT
08-09-2005, 07:18 AM
Oops, I thought he was putting a connetation on the word "weed".. I guess I've spent too long around Australians... :o

Captain Hornblower
08-09-2005, 07:20 AM
But I am wondering why should somebody make 20 pivot irrigations in 'the middle of nowhere'. I've found a lot more around Area 51.
I don't support the conspiracy theory, but it's strange for me to cultivate weed or whatever deep in a desert. You need infrastructure (water, roads, buildings,...) and the nearest 'civilisation' is far away.

matrix
08-09-2005, 05:10 PM
since those green circles are near a highway, it can be some weed fields.
but, why cant microsoft show that area?
and
i found these spots
the first one is an in tersection between 2 roads, there are some houses/buildings on the roads, but google doesnt even show names of those roads, it does not show name of a road that connects it to some highway/road.
Also
there is a circle in th centre, why cant they jus connect the roads properly like they do in other places.

the 2nd picture is even more strange, why would someone make a big star shape? and how can they make it so accurate? is google trying to say that american millitary is buzy making artworks?

IS GOOGLE TRYING TO FOOL US OR WHAT? I SAY ITS NOT WORKING MR WHOEVER-OWNS-GOOGLE,
microsoft blocks that are allright, but atleast its not lying.

Stadsman
08-09-2005, 05:32 PM
Hi Matrix, I think you are caught in a self-fulfilling prophecy; because you want to believe Area 51 is the base of all kind of mysterious things you will find them as well. Of course, the area known as Area 51 is not your average neighbourhood, it contains various military bases and testing sites. The star, for example, is most likely for target practice. The "crosshairs" I'm not sure about but could be a testing area for ground vehicles; look at the amount of cars/trucks off the road. So the amazing thing is that Google Earth is showing exactly these things and not hiding them.

When it looks like a plane, flies like a plane and sounds like a plane, it is probably a plane. The problem comes when you don't know what a plane is.

Stadsman
08-09-2005, 05:34 PM
Oops, I thought he was putting a connetation on the word "weed".. I guess I've spent too long around Australians... :o
LOL, I didn't even think about that. And I live in Amsterdam...

Rachegottes
08-09-2005, 05:35 PM
The "star" is an S.A.M
ground to air rocket lunching site

Stadsman
08-09-2005, 05:41 PM
The "star" is an S.A.M
ground to air rocket lunching site
Given the erosion around it I guess it is a target area made to look like a SAM site

matrix
08-09-2005, 05:42 PM
for your kind information i am a pilot and ofcourse i know what a plane is.
Did i ever mentioned that i know that there is area 51?even if there is a secret base, i don't think its related to aliens or ufo.
But one thing i am sure about is that that area on google earth is fake, i mean how can google dare to show that millitary area for free while microsoft blocks it??

Stadsman
08-09-2005, 05:55 PM
for your kind information i am a pilot and ofcourse i know what a plane is.
I was speaking metaphorically.

matrix
08-09-2005, 05:59 PM
i was speaking logically

matrix
08-09-2005, 06:14 PM
alright now checkout this file,
now if u see those buildings properly, try to enable then disable "roads" several times.
did u notice that google makes a road through the building, now what does that mean? cheap work to fool us....

Stadsman
08-09-2005, 06:31 PM
O come on! I can give you tons of examples all over GE where the road layer doesn't line up (see NYC example in attachment, found within 20 seconds). I stick to my original assessment...

But if you want to believe in conspiracies, fine, but I won't waste more time on it.

matrix
08-09-2005, 06:33 PM
So u agree that google makes mistakes
and about your conspiracy thought, i dont think there is anything secret ufo stuff, but atleast u have to agree that its a millitary camp, and no one is allowed to take pictures of it for safety then how can google show this stuff? do u have answer for that?
stop thinking like homer-lol-

Arminus
08-09-2005, 07:11 PM
Why does Google show this? cause there ainīt nothing to see thats of importance.. lol

Thatīs why no one is concerned.. Area 51 was there even in the cold war , and the russians had (or have ) spy-satellites that provide even better quality material , so you canīt see anything of importance from space. surely not..

matrix
08-09-2005, 07:19 PM
nothing important? THEN WHY DOES MICROSOFT BLOCK IT? JUST FOR FUN?

Arminus
08-09-2005, 07:24 PM
Okay the u.s. government is full of morons revealing national security aspects via google - earth... okay.. and maybe the material of microsoft contained critical aspects so they blocked it, those of google earth donīt for sure

heav
08-10-2005, 05:41 PM
so if you belive in these conspiracy things, look at this:
http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1499&act=down

DareD
08-11-2005, 05:29 PM
the green things...isnt area 51....if u check the stuff that is blocked on the microsoft thing...and then u check google...u see that google blocked it as well...but they just put a white spot on it...in stead of blocking pictures...

DareD
08-11-2005, 05:39 PM
here is a link:

http://members.home.nl/i.jacobs/area%2051.kmz

as most ppl know...area 51 is also known as groom lake

Highlander2000
08-11-2005, 06:35 PM
my first reply in this forum (sorry for my bad english)

I think what you see on the placemark DareD puts in his link is the same you can see within this link. And here it seems that AREA51 is simply a military facility where the US Gov. will not see any private person.

http://www./geocities.com/Area51/Dimension/7500/2area51photos.html
http://www.ufomind.com/area51

matrix
08-21-2005, 12:39 AM
Dude Whatever I Was Jus Killin Time Who Cares Abt Area 51

**********************o Canada*********************

fresh2
11-07-2005, 03:39 PM
:cool:
since those green circles are near a highway, it can be some weed fields.
but, why cant microsoft show that area?
and
i found these spots
the first one is an in tersection between 2 roads, there are some houses/buildings on the roads, but google doesnt even show names of those

IS GOOGLE TRYING TO FOOL US OR WHAT? I SAY ITS NOT WORKING MR WHOEVER-OWNS-GOOGLE,

Hey guys. I was exploring around in the Middle East. And I found tons of circles. My first guess was, that those circles should be crude store tanks. What do you make of all these circles, do you think Google is blocking something in the Middle East as well? I find the patterns strange, this doesnt look man made. Would be nice if someone could tells who actually lives there.

Fresh2

Stadsman
11-08-2005, 07:17 PM
:cool:

Hey guys. I was exploring around in the Middle East. And I found tons of circles. My first guess was, that those circles should be crude store tanks. What do you make of all these circles, do you think Google is blocking something in the Middle East as well? I find the patterns strange, this doesnt look man made. Would be nice if someone could tells who actually lives there.

Fresh2

As mentioned before in this thread (and in several other places), these green circles are pivot irrigations. See this explanation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pivot_irrigation) from Wikipedia for more info.

Highlander739
11-08-2005, 10:30 PM
See this explanation (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pivot_irrigation) from Wikipedia for more info.

Is this the same Wikipedia that said words to the effect of "We get a lot of things wrong, but at least we're quick"..... Was a report on The Register and I wondered how someone could actually say that.

TheWonderIdiot
11-15-2005, 02:08 AM
I actually think Google showed something it wasn't supposed to.... I got the Area 51 Traffic placemark (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile11035/Area-51-Traffic.htm), looked at the plane, and closed GE without saving it to my places because I figured I'd be able to find it again if I wanted to. I was just showing Area 51 to my uncle the other day and couldn't find it. So, I got on GEH and got the placemark again, only to find that it's now placed in the center of a bunch of buildings. I've scoured the entire picture and can't find the plane. And it claims to not have been changed since 2003. Can anyone verify that this plane is gone?

*edit* Meh, nevermind. I had the high-res overlay on, and it was covering up the plane.

araT
11-15-2005, 08:49 AM
TWI: hahaha your name is sooooooo fitting right now ;)

The high-res overlay isnt actually nesessary these days, its not much better (if at all) than the standard GE imagery, a few months ago A51 was much lower res and the overlay helped you see things you shouldnt ;)

T.

daniel0181
11-24-2005, 06:24 PM
Area 51

daniel0181
11-24-2005, 06:25 PM
Area 51

maxxxheimer
11-24-2005, 06:44 PM
there is the possibility of edit posts. if you posted you have 15 minutes to edit your post. then you don't need to doublepost. a mod please combine them. ;)

cowtreky
11-24-2005, 07:06 PM
I don't think amybody should concern themselves with the differences between microsoft and google.

Microsoft has gone thru numerous court battles where restrictions have placed upon them, some of them public, many of them not so public. To my knowledge Google has not had the same privledge as of yet. (I could be wrong).

If you think you see something it is worth min of a thread and discussion. However I am not sure about the conspiricy theory. Would someone like to enlighten me?

Lude
11-24-2005, 07:43 PM
alright now checkout this file,
now if u see those buildings properly, try to enable then disable "roads" several times.
did u notice that google makes a road through the building, now what does that mean? cheap work to fool us....
You look definitv too many Mystery series. And to purification some of your questions: try out NASA Wold Wind, there is a rather high-resolution topographic map of the USA. Some areas are named (e.g., test ranges). And especially explosive areas are left out there, e.g. the base Area 51 and their airfields.

Lude
11-24-2005, 07:53 PM
Area 51
If one has already so many questions, one should make yourself clever, e.g., with Wikipedia maybe on the Internet.

The craters come from atomic bomb tests in the Yucca Flats and if you activate the Layers for earthquakes, you can also see the data.