PDA

View Full Version : i have a suggestions for you.

ronash
09-20-2006, 06:15 PM
hello everyone
maybe can someone make program to Google Earth that automatically make area look the best that can be.
i mean, when i go to place that i haven't see before, the picture is blurred. what i say is that i left my computer and Google Earth open, and next time i'll check the picture will be clear.
off curse you can define what areas/countries to improve.
if someone can do this, please let me know, thanks.

regards,
ronash

Captain Hornblower
09-20-2006, 06:43 PM
First of all, we are not afiliated with Google Earth, just a worldwide community of users of GE.

Your question: GE has more than 12TB of pictures of the world. In order to avoid that every single user has to download the 12 TB, they used a system, that just these pictures are downloaded that are actually needed. These pictures are saved local in a cache file, which can be 2GB bis (maximum). This cache file minimizes the speed you can see a picture in highres.

Mickey
09-20-2006, 07:03 PM
Your question: GE has more than 12TB of pictures of the world. In order to avoid that every single user has to download the 12 TB, they used a system, that just these pictures are downloaded that are actually needed. These pictures are saved local in a cache file, which can be 2GB bis (maximum). This cache file minimizes the speed you can see a picture in highres.
Well put.

Any thoughts on why we're limited to 2 gigs? I have a 250 gig drive and I use GE enough that I'd be willing to devote 20 or 30 gigs to the cache to speed things up. Why just 2? There must be a reason...

ronash
09-20-2006, 07:46 PM
but i dont want to download all the USA or something
just define an area
like west Italy, south Norway etc...
btw, you cant control how much you want to spend? why?
what do GE care that our computer will be full of images?

Captain Hornblower
09-21-2006, 04:02 AM
I guess it has also something to do with the traffic. Why is limitied to 2GB? Of course I don't know, maybe it has something to do with addressing...

deager
09-21-2006, 11:08 AM
Maybe it's because the image db cache is a single file, and not all OSes can address files larger than 2Gb

ronash
09-21-2006, 11:40 AM
look i'm not asking why i cant download more than 2 Giga.
i'm asking if anyone can make the software that i ask for.

shrinkingman
09-21-2006, 12:08 PM
To be fair, you did ask why. Otherwise what did "btw, you cant control how much you want to spend? why? what do GE care that our computer will be full of images?" mean?

ronash
09-21-2006, 03:01 PM
yeah i know, but this is because someone say it.
so anyone can make the software?

GEH4EVR
09-21-2006, 03:42 PM
Actually what I think ronash is saying is that he wants a program(or script) that would update the imagery of GE, like if a place is currently low-resolution, then it would make it Hi-res. If that's what your asking then that can't be done.

ronash
09-21-2006, 03:47 PM
oh... too bad.
never mind.
thanks.