PDA

View Full Version : HUGE Cruise Ship (289m) turning at a beautiful Location!

Gadler
08-11-2005, 10:58 PM
HUGE Cruise Ship turning at a beautiful Location!

hypeserver
08-11-2005, 11:58 PM
my best guess is it's the Disney Cruiseship because it is supposed to an island around there or it could possibly be a Carnival Cruiseship because the sail around that area too.

Gadler
08-12-2005, 12:03 AM
my best guess is it's the Disney Cruiseship because it is supposed to an island around there or it could possibly be a Carnival Cruiseship because the sail around that area too.

Sounds interesting.. any locations?

hypeserver
08-12-2005, 12:09 AM
the carnival cruise ships normally set sail in miami and sail around the caribbean. the disney cruise ship is said to sail to a "secret" island somewhere around the caribbean which is proven false the sail to an island in the caribbean and disney owns half of the island which is a private resort for people on the disney cruise. I can't remember which island in the Caribbean it is though my Aunt's friends went to the island NOT on the Disney Cruise though that's all I remember.

Gadler
08-12-2005, 12:12 AM
I keep my eyes open!

Gadler
08-12-2005, 12:30 AM
Found it in a Port in Florida
http://www.northupfamily.com/Graphics/Photos/Ricks/BahamaCruise/DisneyCruise.jpg

hypeserver
08-12-2005, 02:07 AM
yup that's it alright then the one off the coast of the Caribbean must be one of the Carnival Cruises.

Giventofly
08-12-2005, 02:45 AM

Hi. I'm new here, but I know tons about cruise ships.

What you are looking at is neither a disney nor a carnival ship. Carnival ships would have been ruled out by the destinctive red white and blue y shaped smokestack on all their ships.

Link.....

http://www.cruisereviews.com/CarnivalCruiseLines/CarnivalConquest.htm

Disney only has 2 ships, the "disney magic" and "disney Wonder" both are identical in size, and have 2 smokestacks, painted bright red.

Link...
http://www.cruisereviews.com/DisneyCruiseLine/DisneyMagic.htm

The ship in this picture is from Princess Cruise lines. The ship is one of 3 sister ships to the "Grand Princess" Either the "Grand Princess" the "Golden Princess" or the "Star Princess"

Since the 3 sister ships are nearly identical, the only way to tell which one it is, would be to find out the exact date of the photo.

I have attached a jpg with a copy of the Princess cruise logo for comparison. If you click on this link...

http://www.1southerntravel.com/cruise_grand_princess.htm

You can see the sky bridge that connects the back section of the ship, just behind the smokestack. That's the giveaway as to the class of ship.

PS>...exelent measuring of the ship.....You are off by 1 meter from the registered official length of 290 m

hypeserver
08-12-2005, 02:52 AM
wouldn't it have been easier to just post the name of the ship than practically giving us a whole 5 paragrapgh article we had to read? just saying it might have been a wee bit easier.

Appletom
08-12-2005, 02:55 AM
I sincerely appreciate Giventofly's great explanation - hope to hear more from him/her here on GEH.

Giventofly
08-12-2005, 03:07 AM
Found it in a Port in Florida
http://www.northupfamily.com/Graphics/Photos/Ricks/BahamaCruise/DisneyCruise.jpg

The ship directly to the south of the Disney ship in this port is most likely Royal Caribbean's Mariner of the Seas. Royal caribbean has 5 "voyager class" ships that look like that one, but Mariner of the Seas sails out of Port Canaveral (where the link takes you)

almost due north in the same port is a Carnival "destiny" class ship. There are 3 ships of that class, so it could be "destiny" , "Victory" or "Triumph"

Destiny sails out of San Juan Year round, so it's most likely one of the other two.

Just to the east of that, over in another area of the port, I believe is a Holland America ship, possibly the Zaandam.

docc
08-12-2005, 03:12 AM
yeah, giventofly, thanks for the information left and right of the suspect, i am allways interested in more then what we see.

Giventofly
08-12-2005, 05:07 AM
yeah, giventofly, thanks for the information left and right of the suspect, i am allways interested in more then what we see.

Yeah. No Prob....I like Cruise ships.

I was hoping that someone in their travels has found more cruise ships. I am specifically looking for Royal Caribbean Voyager class ships, either at sea in the Caribbean, or in ports of call in the Caribbean. So far, I have been unsuccessful.

I have posted a google earth pic of the Mariner of the Seas, in port canaveral. If anybody happens upon one of the 4 other ships.....that would be soooo cool.

Gadler
08-12-2005, 12:25 PM
I found another one (unknown) and the Queen Mary!

Gadler
08-12-2005, 01:13 PM
PS>...exelent measuring of the ship.....You are off by 1 meter from the registered official length of 290 m

Great Satellite-Resolution at this Area. I hope, the rest of the World will be look like this Place... sometimes.

dan
08-12-2005, 01:17 PM
@gadler: yes, especially asia and africa, that would be interesting.

Gadler
08-12-2005, 01:22 PM
@Giventofly
One of the 3 Princess-Cruisers, maybe??

Gadler
08-12-2005, 01:27 PM
@gadler: yes, especially asia and africa, that would be interesting.

Yes.. and my Hometown.. good old Germany :)
And.. i hope for a Hi-Res Scan of Fraser Island (a beautiful Place), and South Africa!

Gadler
08-12-2005, 01:43 PM
Another Princess!!

hypeserver
08-12-2005, 01:58 PM
giventofly please give it a rest we get the point that you know a lot about ships........lol......we'd appreciate more info on other things besides ships too lol :)

Giventofly
08-12-2005, 06:16 PM
I found another one (unknown)

That is a carnival ship. Identified by the Red White and Blue Y shaped smoke stack. That is most likely the Carnival Conquest.

The ship in this picture is BRAND NEW, and has (when photo taken) never had a paying passenger aboard. Helsinki is the home of Kværner Masa-Yards, the builders of mega-ships for Carnival, Costa, and Royal caribbean.

The Panamax-Max Class (called spirit class by carnival) of ships is a joint venture between Costa Cruises (an Italian Line) and Carnival Cruise lines.

Carnival Pride,Costa Atlantica,Carnival Spirit,Carnival Legend,Costa Mediterranea,Carnival Miracle are all Panamax ships. The only way to tell which is which is that definitave stack on carnival, wheras costa uses a stubby yellow smokestack (see link)

The ship is most likely returning from it's first test run, or sea trials.

http://www.akerfinnyards.com/cruise_vessels.cfm

If you scroll north, northeast of the ship, you will find the yards themselves. The LONG rectangular black building is the covered construction drydock.

giventofly please give it a rest we get the point that you know a lot about ships........lol......we'd appreciate more info on other things besides ships too lol :)

Hey now....I'm just having fun. :)

Giventofly
08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
@Giventofly
One of the 3 Princess-Cruisers, maybe??

This one is a Royal Caribbean Radiance class ship, it's cut off just before the Saucer Shaped lounge. I can tell because the foreward pool has a glass dome.

The second one you posted is spot on, a princess ship. Most likely the Sea Princess.

gripperdon
11-21-2005, 12:30 AM
wouldn't it have been easier to just post the name of the ship than practically giving us a whole 5 paragrapgh article we had to read? just saying it might have been a wee bit easier.

He know good stuff and I enjoyed it. Thank him instead of being jealous. You are not the only one that does stuff.

GEH4EVR
12-03-2005, 04:44 PM
I created this 3D Ship Hope you enjoy. ;)

sinner
12-03-2005, 08:08 PM
In New Orleans can be seen two Cruise Ships taken up by the military and used as floating hotels for the workers who are cleaning up New Orleans. (I was booked on cruise on the Sensation - but it was cancelled when the Hurricane hit.)

maxxxheimer
12-03-2005, 08:40 PM
I created this 3D Ship Hope you enjoy. ;)

that's great, maybe a little flat, but good! ;)

idioteque
01-07-2006, 02:28 PM
greatpicture, i love the smokerising up from the chimney

Giventofly
01-07-2006, 06:49 PM
greatpicture, i love the smokerising up from the chimney

My favorite part of that image is the orange lifeboat traveling toward the ship (to the north north east).