PDA

View Full Version : Luzley Horse - Denial Reason

Felippo
12-15-2006, 11:40 AM
Hello GEH-Team

My new find, a white horse, has been denied.

Denial Reason: Please move placemark more properly

Please look more properly. The horse is exactly there.

Felippo :givebeer:

Captain Hornblower
12-15-2006, 11:56 AM
I have looked properly... and took a awhile until I recognized a horse-shaped area a few meters south of your placemark. i just want you to place the placemark there.

BillyBob
12-15-2006, 04:44 PM
I think you're being a bit fussy there mate, I spotted it straight away, no problem.

BradG7
12-15-2006, 08:46 PM
I have looked for well over 3 minutes, and cannot find it, the placemark should be placed over the "horse", otherwise, others will not find it either.
*edit* What does Luzley mean?

Captain Hornblower
12-15-2006, 09:34 PM
I think you're being a bit fussy there mate, I spotted it straight away, no problem.
When I look at the thumb, I can see it pretty well too, but when I opened the file in order to approve it, I was looking around the placemark and it took a while untill I realized the horse-shaped area south of the mark.

I am not fussy, picky yes, but not fussy.

Felippo
12-16-2006, 12:01 PM
Ok, I have deleted this file.

But let me say something.

It was a first find, like the Holstein cow. Not found here or in the other forums. This is my second "firstfind" in 2 weeks that you denied for reasons that I don't understand.

I have looked properly... and took a awhile until I recognized a horse-shaped area a few meters south of your placemark. i just want you to place the placemark there.

I have looked for well over 3 minutes, and cannot find it, the placemark should be placed over the "horse", otherwise, others will not find it either.

Fot example:

How much time do you need to find this cow? 2 hours? It is 600 meters out of the place.

Holstein Cow (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/dlfile16809/Worlds-Largest-Cow.htm)

Ok. I don't want to make a big discussion of it. I want to say that I am disappointed with the denialreasons.

Felippo :sadyep:

Captain Hornblower
12-16-2006, 01:54 PM
How much time do you need to find this cow? 2 hours? It is 600 meters out of the place.
This file is ~9 month old, I don't remember my ideas I had when I approved this file... And I am pretty sure there are more questionable files. Mods are human beings, human beings do mistakes. Btw, even users are human beings.

Ok. I don't want to make a big discussion of it. I want to say that I am disappointed with the denialreasons.
But you do. The only thing I want you to do is to move the placemark a little bit to the place the 'horse' is and submit it again. That's no big deal. I've denied files like that and people did without 'if' and 'but'.

Felippo
12-16-2006, 04:39 PM
But you do. The only thing I want you to do is to move the placemark a little bit to the place the 'horse' is and submit it again. That's no big deal. I've denied files like that and people did without 'if' and 'but'.

You are too fussy and its pure chicanery. I don't care uploding it again.

dapascha
12-16-2006, 07:43 PM
You are too fussy and its pure chicanery. I don't care uploding it again.

Hear, hear, Felippo. Good for you.

(I too spotted the horse at first sight, in the direct vicinity of the placemark. Easy. In fact, it might have been harder if the placemark had covered part of the image, as Mister Hornblower seems to prefer it.)

And finally, while I understand that you mod's have some more say than us mere lurkers and/or posters about how the files are handled on this site, GEHs remains a public forum, where 'moderating' should not be confused with 'dictating'. The form of forum discussion should be moderated to prevent unneccessary insults, crying pre-teens and hissy fits, but not the content.

Captain Hornblower
12-16-2006, 11:37 PM
We are not talking about the forum, we are talking about the database! And it was only one thing I wanted felippo to do: to move the placemark direct on the area he meant in order to make it easier for other users to find, not more, not less. That is no comparison to this discussion here.

Felippo is unhappy with my decision... ok. Felippo doesn't want to submit the file again... ok, his decision.

And finally, while I understand that you mod's have some more say than us mere lurkers and/or posters about how the files are handled on this site, GEHs remains a public forum, where 'moderating' should not be confused with 'dictating'. The form of forum discussion should be moderated to prevent unneccessary insults, crying pre-teens and hissy fits, but not the content.

And finally, after I've read your instructions, I add accuracy and correctness for the files in the database.

dapascha
12-17-2006, 02:57 AM
And finally, after I've read your instructions, I add accuracy and correctness for the files in the database.

:x

Hmm. Point taken.

I'll shut up now, or, more in line with the discussion, ride that horse into the sunset.

:)