PDA

View Full Version : "News"

rasqual
08-12-2005, 07:24 AM
How about a "news" page, something that gives a narrative of important changes to the geopolitical situation? Not like journalism; it would be principally statistical, reading like a tickler of events:

aquastor failed to take new york, losing 3 armies to nic's 2.
docc nuked london, obliterating mickey's 8 armies
arat topped army growth figures today, mustering 73 new armies
kelly and appletom nominated hs1wgn to membership in nato, votes pending

etc. These could be automated, running "news briefs"

hypeserver
08-12-2005, 05:31 PM
the war news has been already added to the game, but the other news flashs don't really seem to lead up to a "point" in the game since there is no voting section or anything in the game.

Mickey
08-12-2005, 05:33 PM
I like the idea. Kind of a separate page that lists ALL of the news, not just the events that happened to you. Right?

It's on the to-do list now.

hypeserver
08-12-2005, 05:38 PM
lol just to get this straight I never said it wasn't cool I just said I didn't think there was a point, but since Mickey is still on I think there should be a voting thing where there is a computerized vote once in a while that whatever the vote is for (city) it will choose a random new "mayor" or "governor" for that city. Just thought it would be cool. Of course I only mean this to work in democracy places like the U.S.A., but not places that don't vote on decisions.

rasqual
08-12-2005, 09:35 PM
LOL

Dudes. This is so out of hand. Earth provides a two-way channel for a loosely coupled application that has almost no limits. You realize where this is heading, don't you?

araT
08-13-2005, 07:55 AM
World Domination, Rasqual? :D :cool:

T.