PDA

View Full Version : news in jewelhunting.kmz

Bastian
08-12-2005, 01:48 PM
is it doable, that if someone attacks one of your cities it is immediately shown in the jewel hunting.kmz? like the messages on GEHwar main page but you recognize it instantly while you are jewel hunting.

Mickey
08-12-2005, 02:06 PM
is it doable, that if someone attacks one of your cities it is immediately shown in the jewel hunting.kmz? like the messages on GEHwar main page but you recognize it instantly while you are jewel hunting.

Maybe I could put a sub-folder in there which shows your last couple items from the main war page ("you were attacked, blah blah") with the timestamps in there. Hmm...

Bastian
08-12-2005, 02:11 PM
i think it would be sufficient if the "you found a jewel..." message would be replaced by the newest message if there is a new one.

Mickey
08-12-2005, 03:09 PM
I decided to split it into two parts:

- Current Jewel

- Latest Attacks (it will show 2 of them).

I still want to re-work it a bit, but the general idea is there...

Bastian
08-12-2005, 03:18 PM
looks good, but my general idea was, that you see it on the first view, that somebody attacked your city. because of that i thought it would be better to replace the current jewel message with the attack message. and after the message was read (and a slight move of GE) the jewel message appears again.

Mickey
08-12-2005, 03:26 PM
looks good, but my general idea was, that you see it on the first view, that somebody attacked your city. because of that i thought it would be better to replace the current jewel message with the attack message. and after the message was read (and a slight move of GE) the jewel message appears again.

My only thought with that is people might often miss the message. They'll see it flash up there, but they might already be moving again and it would disappear before they had a chance to read it (and see if it required immediate action).

I'll keep toying with it...

Mickey
08-12-2005, 03:48 PM
Ok, I've cleaned it up a bit more. I have it set to show the time of your most recent attack, with the time being calculated based on the time zone you set in your user cp (http://www.googleearthhacks.com/forums/usercp.php) here on the boards.

Bastian
08-12-2005, 03:55 PM
better, but why a new folder?

Mickey
08-12-2005, 04:10 PM
better, but why a new folder?

Because I had a handful of them in the folder at one point, then cut it down to one. At this point, the folder is useless. It's now removed.

Mickey
08-12-2005, 05:18 PM
This seems to be pretty much done. If you have other ideas regarding this, please open a new thread.