alex126
08-12-2005, 04:38 PM
Ok I was having a mess around with the game on a computer at my dads work,

But I am at home now and I want to play

But it wont let me!!

can anyone help

hypeserver
08-12-2005, 04:41 PM
yeah the account was registered to an I.P. address we probaly should get that fixed -_grins_-

Mickey
08-12-2005, 05:11 PM
But it wont let me!!

can anyone help
What exactly is the problem?

yeah the account was registered to an I.P. address we probaly should get that fixed
Huh?

hypeserver
08-12-2005, 05:13 PM
the webaddress won't let you go to that link to download the files because the address has something called a logger which stores your I.P. Address (Internet Protocol Address) and doesn't let anyone else with a different I.P. address access the link.

Mickey
08-12-2005, 05:15 PM
the webaddress won't let you go to that link to download the files because the address has something called a logger which stores your I.P. Address (Internet Protocol Address) and doesn't let anyone else with a different I.P. address access the link.

No. The GEHwar accounts are tied to people's forum userid, regardless of IP address. If you can log into the forums, you should be able to play the game.

We'll wait to hear exactly what the problem is.

hypeserver
08-12-2005, 05:19 PM
either way it made me sound smart lol :) techincally I do a lot of Beta Testing for game companies and tested mainly every single product in Google Labs. I emailed Google to see if they have any open slots for people as Beta Testers (testing the products before they hit Google Labs) I think that would be a cool job.

lashout
08-12-2005, 06:25 PM
Ok this is the account I first joined on and I am going to try to see if it works now

lashout
08-12-2005, 06:28 PM
Soz to double post,

Its working now

Thanks guys

hypeserver
08-12-2005, 06:41 PM
hey lashout may I ask why are you running two accounts on the forums? or did I misunderstand you?

lashout
08-12-2005, 06:47 PM
Ye beacuse at first lashout wouldnt work so I tried a second acoount

Is it agaist ur rules???

Mickey
08-13-2005, 01:05 AM
Ye beacuse at first lashout wouldnt work so I tried a second acoount

Is it agaist ur rules???

Yes, although we've not had to deal with it yet. Don't worry about it this time, just don't use the other one again.

hypeserver
08-13-2005, 01:30 AM
I tried warning him/her in another post, but I can't seem to find it....