PDA

View Full Version : Big site upgrade

Mickey
02-18-2007, 04:19 AM
We've just upgraded the forums to a much newer version, which has caused expected problems across the site. I'm dealing with them as quickly as I can and hope to have everything resolved shortly.

In the meantime, if you come across a bug, please reply to this post and let me know about it.

Thanks!

Mickey

Captain Hornblower
02-18-2007, 07:44 AM
Our poster #1, GEHFileBot is dead! All new discussion created by script are asigned to the one who clicked on the button "Create new discussion".
Actually I love Mr. GEHFileBot....

Mickey
02-18-2007, 12:50 PM
Our poster #1, GEHFileBot is dead! All new discussion created by script are asigned to the one who clicked on the button "Create new discussion".
Actually I love Mr. GEHFileBot....
I noticed that. To be honest, I was giddy that it simply worked. I was quite sure that the magic "create thread" button would be toast and I'd be rewriting a lot of code for it. The fact that it works at all is great. :)

Felippo
02-19-2007, 02:05 PM
Hi

In My Files, it is not klonger possible to sort or arrange the files by Date, File or Download. If I try, nothing happens.

It would be nice, if the page My Files could show if there is an discussion thread for each file.

Felippo:givebeer:

Mickey
02-19-2007, 07:04 PM
In My Files, it is not klonger possible to sort or arrange the files by Date, File or Download. If I try, nothing happens.
Fixed.

It would be nice, if the page My Files could show if there is an discussion thread for each file.
Excellent suggestion - done! I don't have an easy way to show the number of comments in there, but I've included "Yes" or "No" under a "comments" column, with the "Yes" answers linking out to the comment thread.

Thanks,
Mickey

Felippo
02-20-2007, 09:21 AM
Very well done Mickey, and very quickly. I didn't trust my eyes when I lookt this day in my files.

Thank you:yep:

Felippo

Felippo
02-22-2007, 04:57 PM
Hello

I found another "thing".

Today I wanted to vote for a file with 4 points. There were already 2 votes on the file, both with 4, so that the average vote was 4 too. After my vote with 4, the average voting on the file was 2,67, and not 4,0 how it should be.

I took another file that had 2 votes with 4 and none by me. Again I voted with 4, and again the average vote was 2,67.

I think we all should stop voting, until this bug is fixed, or I have to learn the basics of math again. :rofl:

Greetings Felippo

stefankarakashev
02-22-2007, 05:52 PM
I voted on one file that had 0, with two votes. I voted 5 and it again was 0... which means that it assigns 0 every time you vote.

bdbmm
02-22-2007, 09:29 PM
I have also noticed a lot of 0 ratings on files lately. I thought people were knowingly rating files at 0, but looks like the reason is a bug in the rating system.

Mickey
02-26-2007, 02:13 AM
This bug has been fixed and the "0" votes have been removed. However, the averages for each item are only recalculated when a new vote is cast, so they'll be a bit inaccurate until a person makes another vote on them.

Mickey