PDA

View Full Version : Rating system

bdbmm
02-19-2007, 04:40 PM
It seems to me that some people are intent on giving bad ratings to files. I have had and I know other members have had files that people rate at 0, in my opinion just to lower the ratings. I am not sure what they get out of this but they must enjoy it. It probably would help if people could not rate a file until they have uploaded some. The way it is now anybody can sign up and rate files even without downloading them. It is just kind of discouraging to try to find something interesting to upload, only to have someone give it a 0 rating just because they are able to.

Captain Hornblower
02-19-2007, 05:56 PM
I understand your concerns. Even if I don't take care of ratings, other people could feel discouraged. But I am not sure if your suggestion really helps, but it's worth trying.
Let's see what the big chief (Mickey) is thinking about your idea...

Mickey
02-19-2007, 06:53 PM
I think a better solution (though certainly harder to implement) would be giving weight to the rankings, based on submissions. If you haven't submitted any files, your vote wouldn't count much. If you've submitted a ton of files, your vote would be very vaulable.

I'll certainly consider doing that as I have time.

jw_n_mo
02-23-2007, 05:27 AM
I find it discouraging to. I've spent countless days working on a model and receive great ratings on the 3D warehouse but for some reason get 0-3.5 ratings here. I've seen plain grey block models receive better ratings than those with distinct geometry and photo textures. Curious if people are being spiteful, clicking the submit before selecting a score (therefore getting the default 3 rating) or if some users are viewing textured models in older versions of GoogleEarth that do not support textures and therefore give a poor rating because they don't get what they see in the picture. I just find it discouraging and not worth the effort of submitting more models when they receive these kind of grades.

Perhaps if the rating system could show each individual and their rating as the rating system in the 3DWH does. This could help us to find out why some uploads are getting the ratings they're receiving, be it spiteful, mistakingly, or deserved. Perhaps there are those who have submitted uploads of their own and want to keep everyone else's scores low.

Felippo
02-23-2007, 11:58 AM
Yesterday I wanted to vote for a file with 4 points. There were already 2 votes on the file, both with 4, so that the average vote was 4 too. After my vote with 4, the average voting on the file was 2,67, and not 4,0 how it should be.

I took another file that had 2 votes with 4 and none by me. Again I voted with 4, and again the average vote was 2,67.

I think we all should stop voting, until this bug is fixed.

jw_n_mo
02-24-2007, 04:08 AM
I tried the same. File with 2 votes and score of 0. I gave it a 5 and still the score is 0.

SSSALVI
02-24-2007, 06:40 AM
Perhaps if the rating system could show each individual and their rating

That seems to be a good solution. One will rate knowing fully well that he is exposed if he tries a mischief.

But of course , I myself can register with 10 different names and give full rating myself. No one will know it ... till I try to do it second time.

=======

S^3

jw_n_mo
02-24-2007, 06:43 AM
There seems to be bug or syntax error in the coding for the rating system.

SpiderX22
02-25-2007, 12:52 AM
After talking to Mickey about it..it should be fixed now. By early next week the 0 ratings should be gone.