Thread: Welcome to the site!

Default Welcome to the site!

We're still getting the site put together, but take a look around and start getting more use out of Google Earth today!

Mickey

Hello, I am excited about this site, looks like its going to be a great resource.
    I am an active person that enjoys exploring new areas, and geocaching. The Google Earth program is an amazing resource. I have already spent hours flying around the globe. I am looking forward to learning more about the program and finding new features.
    Come out and play with
    www.OUTDOORADVENTUREGROUP.org

Default Why another site?

I am curious; why make another user forum when Google already has its own BBS?

Quote Originally Posted by pmax
    I am curious; why make another user forum when Google already has its own BBS?
    My main thought for now is file handling. The file system in the Keyhole BBS can be confusing for novices, not to mention there are no thumbnails or previews of any kind.

My thought is that this forum will attact people that aren't as famililar with Google Earth or Keyhole and are just looking for some quick stuff to download. I anticipate that the Keyhole BBS will continue to be the place for people that know what they are doing will go. In fact, I still spend a good deal of time over there, and I will continue to. I simply hope that this site will be a good, quick, simple place for people to use.

Given the popularity of Google Earth, I imagine we'll see a handful of new sites crop up to support it in different ways. In fact, I've already seen a few.

Finally, it's just fun. I love Google Earth and I love building/maintaining websites. It seemed like a natural fit.

Here are some of the other Google Earth sites that have appeared in recent days:

OgleEarth.com - A blog with links to interesting GE stuff.
    GoogleGlobe.com - Lots of kml files to download, all submitted by users. Mostly personal stuff ("my house"), but it's pretty interesting.
    GoogleEarthing.com - A game you play, in which they post a screenshot from GE and you try to figure out where it's from.

Thumbs up Thanks

Thanks for this site for the noobs like me has the easy face to it
    Just wanted to say Hell-o

We've added an official links section to help you keep up with all of the Google Earth (and Google Maps) sites out there. Hope it helps!

Default Earth Quake pakistan

Sorry for using your thread for writing this message. There is a huge natural disaster in Pakistan northern areas. can Google help by providing updated pictures high resolution To people who want to help. Please hurry up if you can assist in providing help to people waiting for help. I hope Google will pay some attention to it and there would be a prompt response . Waiting for the response. Can Visit bbc.co.uk for updates in the natural agony .