Thread: Balance tweaks

Default Balance tweaks

Suggest any balance tweaks here -- passing too easy, kicking too hard, etc. I'll take any suggestions into consideration.

A few things..
    1. Is the computer ever gonna try to do a running plan on fourth down (like a dive)? So if I choose punt return, "he" will be sneaky and run a play.
    2. Is it possible to have something like "#down and inches"? Like in real American football?
    3. Fumble always seems to go to the computer...will your own team ever recover the ball?
    4. When I choose a play (this is me using GE3), I always need to slightly move the screen for it to refresh (and for the green "Play Sent Successfully" window to go away. Is there any way to bypass the screen moving?
    5. Hmm..accidentally put punt return as a defensive play on a first down, and they scored a touchdown from their 20 yard line. Wouldn't your defenders all mass the guy? Haven't played football in real life, but I doubt they could get through the entire opponents team.
    6. Is it possible to get a safety? (sack opponent into their own end zone for 2 points)

P.S. Scored a field goal from 47 yard line. =)
    Then scored a touchdown from own 30 yard line. =)
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderX22 View Post
    1. Is the computer ever gonna try to do a running plan on fourth down (like a dive)? So if I choose punt return, "he" will be sneaky and run a play.
    Good suggestion.

2. Is it possible to have something like "#down and inches"? Like in real American football?
    I could have it say that, I guess. However, this game works in whole yard increments only, so it wouldn't really be accurate.

3. Fumble always seems to go to the computer...will your own team ever recover the ball?
    Right now, the defensive team always recovers. That's something I'd like to fix.

4. When I choose a play (this is me using GE3), I always need to slightly move the screen for it to refresh (and for the green "Play Sent Successfully" window to go away. Is there any way to bypass the screen moving?
    One way or another, the main network link needs to be refreshed. It'll refresh automatically after 10 seconds, or if you move the screen, or if you right-click on "Main Game Network Link" and choose "refresh". I don't believe there is a better way around this, but please let me know if there is.

5. Hmm..accidentally put punt return as a defensive play on a first down, and they scored a touchdown from their 20 yard line. Wouldn't your defenders all mass the guy? Haven't played football in real life, but I doubt they could get through the entire opponents team.
    Doing that doesn't guarantee that they'll score - it just increases the odds.

In real life, if it was a pass it would be a TD 90% of the time. A run would work much less often.

6. Is it possible to get a safety? (sack opponent into their own end zone for 2 points)
    Yep! I don't have it working yet if you get hit for a loss on a running play, but a sack can cause one.

P.S. Scored a field goal from 47 yard line. =)
    About a 33% chance of that working.

Then scored a touchdown from own 30 yard line. =)
    Very nice. The way that works is the "gone" factor calculated each play. Regardless of where you are on the field, there is a slight chance that someone could break through and take it all the way.

On a dive - 0%
    On a long pass - about 10%

The rest are somewhere inbetween. When the computer has the ball, that number is also affected by the defense you choose. If you blitz, the odds of them going all the way is higher. If you play "safe", the odds go WAY down.

Since you're asking for tweaks . . .

- It seems the field goals are too difficult. Maybe I'm just having bad luck, but I went 0 for 4 before making a field goal - from 29,29,44, and 31. After that, I missed another one from 17 yards . . . a chip shot in real life.

- The sacks stats are a little weird. Right now, on the offensive page, it shows zero sacks per game even though it has six sacks listed for me. Yet, on the defensive page, it has the sacks stat with an empty box, but displays the correct 2.3 per game based of the statistic of six.

- Points against/game, also on defensive page, is broken. It's been scoring more than zero points per game, trust me . . .

Obviously, it might just be that you haven't implemented quite all of that yet, but those are just some of the things that stood out.
    I could make a few suggestions as well, but I'll save those for later, after I've played a few more games.

I have two ideas.

1. Use other stadiums of the NFL

2. Is it possible to play head-to-head versus another member? I think we can set up a league if you figure out how to play head-to-head.

Quote Originally Posted by viteminj View Post
    1. Use other stadiums of the NFL
    That's one that I'm considering. It'll take a while to add each one, though, because it requires drawing all of the elements again, then calibrating the end lines so the game knows where to put the ball for each play.

2. Is it possible to play head-to-head versus another member? I think we can set up a league if you figure out how to play head-to-head.
    I have some ideas on how that could be done. It's likely in the works.

A home and away game feature would be nice with different stadiums.
    It would be cool if you where playing a home game and have a greater chance of winning and vice versa.

Default Google Earth

The game update (v 1.3) is live in North America and Europe on Steam, PS3, and Xbox 360.

We realize folks are experiencing some save issues with the game update. We're currently working with Microsoft to resolve the issue as quickly as possible. When we have more information, we'll let you know

that would be cool.....even if we had something like that right now...waiting on the reset wouldn't be so bad...you could be trying to move up a rank or 2 on the overall "ranking" list.
    raima