Thread: large images

Hybrid View

Default large images

hi
    i would like to copy some images from google Earth ,but those images took more than one screen image,is there any way to take this large images ?

Super Moderator

Hi wolf_easy.

Welcome to GEH.

Could you please explain what you mean?

There is no way to do this.

Matt

i have for example an image for a little city ,that i have to scroll down up and down the image to see the whole city(to see it all it should take me to scroll down the screen 02 time) ,is there any way that i can save the image of the whole city in one time without taking the image of the first screen and scrolling the screen to take the second image ?

Quote Originally Posted by wolf_easy View Post
    i have for example an image for a little city ,that i have to scroll down up and down the image to see the whole city(to see it all it should take me to scroll down the screen 02 time) ,is there any way that i can save the image of the whole city in one time without taking the image of the first screen and scrolling the screen to take the second image ?
    Nope, and Google has designed it that way on purpose. They can't allow you to take their images, as their licenses with the various imagery companies won't allow it.

You might want to also make sure that whatever you intend to do with this big file is allowed by their terms of service.

There have been a few times I've wanted to compare two sites and it's required copying a largist area that I can turn into an image overlay.

I've done this by combining multiple screen captures, but let me warn you that this is extremely tedious and potentially quite tricky. You also end up with a very cluttered image as it will have many copyright marks and compasses (even if minimized) scattered about.

Depending on what areas you are looking at, and what you are using this for, there are probably better ways to go about this - especially when you add legal complexities into the mix. For very fine detail you're probably better off looking for a map of the area (if one exists), and if you're looking at broader regions you might want to check out a satellite atlas.

Question can you help me

can you suggest me about google earth
    how can mark our house in google map ?