Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What is this? ~1 mile Diameter circle - France

Hello Sladys, - Thanks for your reply, although, I'm pretty well convinced that this is a central pivot irrigation system, (having looked elsewhere on the net), at first I could not believe that there was a mechcanical device that could be half a mile in length to irrigate this area, now, having seen the machine, I see how this is possible, but then I am from UK, where there is ample rain, and as such, would never have considered this necessary, if you look to left of the circle, you will see a white line, this, as far as i can see goes to the small lake, I think that must be the water supply, that's what I am thinking anyway, - the problem is now I have pledged to ride there on my bike to find out, - catch you later, all the best, Kahuczek

It really is a strange place. Full of contradictions !

- Has concentric circles in it so could be a practicing target but .. who will put the target bull's eye in between fields which are still being sowed ( I mean not abandoned fields )

- It is not a raised platform nor a depression ( no shadows at edges )

- Strangest part is that it can't be a concrete cover because the boundaries of surrounding fields are still visibly continuing inside the white circle. .. so it can't be antenna either. and if it is something under construction/development e.g central pivot irrigation system, why should the boundaries penetrate inside?

I will watch this thread keenly because it is a curious thing.

Welcome aboard GEH, Kahuczek !!
    ========

S^3

Well, I'm back from my trip - here is the answer.

It's a radial arm irrigated field system, there are a few in this region, maze is the usual crop, this area is now covered in tall weeds (could be green manure though). The thing that Slady's thought was a military installation, is a defunct quarry that has now become a landfill site. Le Signal, is an Auberge (Inn) at the cross roads to the north. Sorry it's not more exciting chaps.

Quote Originally Posted by Kahuczek View Post
    Well, I'm back from my trip - here is the answer.
    All Right Kahuczek! Pretty cool that you would take your bike trip and modify it to answer a query for your friends here at GEH.

We hope you had a great time, and welcome back.

A little off topic but does anyone know of a source for limestone quarry's for sales, around the world?