Thread: How can I download several placemark data automatically?

Question How can I download several placemark data automatically?

Hi,
    how can I download some kml data automatically from Google Earth/Maps?
    I want to download the placemark data of all the subway stations of several cities.
    (My aim is to re-arrange the data and generate my own kml files that also display the subway lines.)
    I can right-click on a station, "copy" and save the kml but doing it for so many places is a hassle, there must be a way to download many placemarks at a time.

Thanks!

Are these the placemarks showing in the Google Earth layers? If they are from the GEC layer, the placemark balloon will have a link to the original post, from which you can download the complete set. If you mean info coming from the GE Transportation layer, you cannot save that en masse. But between GEH and GEC, numerous transit systems are mapped around the world.

Yes, I mean the subway station symbols in the Google Earth transportation layer. It's a good thing that many cities have them already but they would be more helpful if the subway lines would also be visible. If I had a way to download the station data I could generate the line data from them. What is GEH and GEC?

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by micro4 View Post
    What is GEH and GEC?
    Hey micro4 - welcome to GEH. Also known as Google Earth Hacks (or GE Hacks), a group of friendly people with brilliant and witty commentary from around the globe.

GEC is that "other" Google Earth Community found at bbs.keyhole.com/ . They are an OK group of people I guess - I've spent a bit of time over there. But those GEC - well, they are really official. Owned by Google actually

Us? Well, we are just rebels, not affiliated with Google in any way but enjoying GEarth and joyfully playing in our sandbox that Mickey built.

Thanks. I've also taken a look at bbs.keyhole.com but found the forum usability extremely slow and troublesome, navigating through the threads is a hassle over here.