Thread: Major updates - any bugs so far?

Default Major updates - any bugs so far?

I've just rewritten the way armies are handled in the database, in an effort to help implement some of the loftier ideas for the game.

In the old system, it simply kept a count of how many armies were in each place, like "paris=2", "bob's army pool=7", "chicago=14", etc. This was fine, but there was no way to truly manipulate a single army.

Now, every army has it's own row in a table, which will allow us a great deal of control over each army. They will be able to get stronger or weaker, they will be able to exist somewhere on the map outside of a city, stuff like that.

The only difference for now is that you must choose which army you want to do something with when moving/attacking/etc. You will see a link in the menu on the left for "Your Armies". In there, you can view all of your armies, see where they are, etc. Click on one, and you'll get even more details, such as the ability to rename it.

Given these changes, I think it would be best for the game if we saw fewer overall armies, but had more options with each one (upgrades, etc). The very quick-fix was to raise the price of new armies dramatically. Those of you that recently stocked up on armies should be feeling pretty good about yourselves.

Anyhow, while the in-game appears very similar, the backend of the system had a LOT of code rewritten. Please let me know if you come across any new bugs.

Thanks,
    Mickey

The very quick-fix was to raise the price of new armies dramatically.
    60 jewels EACH? WTF? Seriously.

I know, I know. I'm working on it. I lowered them back down a good bit, but higher than they were before.

There were some pretty bad bugs in the attack results page, but I think I have them worked out. We'll see...

Mickey