Thread: Need Help with Excel Import with Auto-Point Formatting.

Default Need Help with Excel Import with Auto-Point Formatting.

Hey there.

I am pretty new to Google Earth, but am decent at some programming. Here is what I am trying to do. I have a set of addressed and with each one I have set style numbers for the work I do. I want each style to have a different logo and have different colors as well, in between styles.

Here is an example,

Style 520 might be a calculator logo that is blue.
    Style 521 might be a calculator that is red.

Style 600 might be a keyboard that is blue
    Style 601 might be a keyboard that is red.

These arent the logos I will be assigning just trying to figure it out. I want to be able to do it from excel as other info I have in there auto-generates the style numbers I want to use.

- Also, my lists are around 500 addressed, and maybe 30 or so styles in there. I want to hae it set so I can just change my excel file with nw addresses and create new maps. I cant go one by one.

Thanks,

-todd debacker

Whew - sounds like a fairly complex undertaking. You might want to look at Sam034's European Ice Hockey Arenas file, it uses about 30 logos. I'm guessing he (she?) used some sort of database to organize things.

I did a Google search for "convert Excel to kmz" and saw a few hits that look like they might pan out, but I don't have time to really look into it.