A system for Windows 98..?
Sorry if this has been posted before.
A relative is still using Windows 98 and can't install GE. They have something called Flash Earth installed but wonder if there's an alternative/improvement available.
GE requires NT in an OS. I might be mistaken but i believe 98SE has it. Other than that they'll just have to upgrade to 2000.
Jolanta, there's not much out there that still works on Win 98. Regretfully, Google Earth is one of those that won't work on W98.
Here are the minimum and recommended configurations from the Earth.Google website:
Minimum configuration for PC:
Recommended configuration for PC:
- Operating System: Windows 2000 or Windows XP
- CPU: Pentium 3, 500Mhz
- System Memory (RAM): 128MB
- Hard Disk: 400MB free space
- Network Speed: 128 Kbits/sec
- Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 16MB of VRAM
- Screen: 1024x768, "16-bit High Color"
- Operating System: Windows XP or Windows Vista
- CPU: Pentium 4 2.4GHz+ or AMD 2400xp+
- System Memory (RAM): 512MB
- Hard Disk: 2GB free space
- Network Speed: 768 Kbits/sec
- Graphics Card: 3D-capable with 32MB of VRAM
- Screen: 1280x1024, "32-bit True Color"