Thread: Verizon Voyager

Default Verizon Voyager

I've been craving an iPhone since I first heard about them, but I'm in a contract with Verizon and it'd be too expensive to get out (not to mention that Verizon is pretty good).

Verizon just announced that the "Voyager" is coming out in a couple months.

It's iPhone-ish in the front (large touch screen), but still flips open like the EnV and has a small screen and full QWERTY keyboard inside. My phone does that and it's GREAT for texting.

My big concern about this phone is that is has a "fully HTML browser". I'm pretty sure that's how they described the browser on my current phone and it's awful. Not sure why they didn't put Opera Mini in there.

Anyhow, what do you think? Since I'm stuck with Verizon anyhow, I'll be giving this phone a close look.
    Attached Images Attached Images

If the browser is anything like the ENV then it's pretty lame. I really hope the Voyager runs Windows mobile instead of the very basic Verizon phone interface. I'll probably take the phone for a test drive & either stick with it or go back to a pda styled phone with the Q music.

Quote Originally Posted by JCthrills View Post
    If the browser is anything like the ENV then it's pretty lame. I really hope the Voyager runs Windows mobile instead of the very basic Verizon phone interface. I'll probably take the phone for a test drive & either stick with it or go back to a pda styled phone with the Q music.
    It's supposed to be a pretty good browser (not the crippled one like the EnV), but I still have questions about it.

I agree it would have been better off using Windows Mobile, but that's not the case. It's a custom Verizon interface...