Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Should I import our main file collection?

I'm thinking I might build a tool for the admins where they can go to an existing item, click on "add to GEboards", and it'll automatically build a thread for it.

Lightbulb new layer

You can add them on a diferent layer/folder. That way they don't clutter the new database. Who ever wants to see them can just turn on the layer.
    [url=http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=5d07ad1a0d9fbacc9ce198a58b08f8c3] Editor of "Best of Chicago" Collection[/url] and [url=http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=816c48f48d4df03d6083d7f9a8411c22] "Chicago, IL" Collection[/url]
    [url=http://sketchup.google.com/3dwarehouse/cldetails?mid=811714d3868a49d5109a58172c3deee8] Models I've Created [/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    I'm thinking I might build a tool for the admins where they can go to an existing item, click on "add to GEboards", and it'll automatically build a thread for it.
    Ok, this is done.

On most areas of the site, when viewing a list of files, there will be a link that says "Admin: Send to GEboards". This link will appear as long as three criteria have been met:

1 - You have rights to administrate the files
    2 - The file has a single lat/lon point associated with it. The easy way to know is to see if it has a Maps link with it, or just Earth.
    3 - It hasn't already been added.

It's a pretty easy to use tool and should help move some of the more interesting points to GEboards.

Quote Originally Posted by Nickvet419 View Post
    You can add them on a diferent layer/folder. That way they don't clutter the new database. Who ever wants to see them can just turn on the layer.
    I've thought about that as well, but it would be tricky to do given the current database layouts.

I think converting them individually as needed will probably be our best answer.

Super Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Jrod View Post

If this is eventually done and resembles the GEC "i", it would be nice if there was a to be able to do a search of them within GE. I've always wished that you could search the icons with GE.
    Captain and Spider. You misunderstood my idea. Again because of my english I couldn't explain it right.

I meant the same as Jrod. His ideas with icons is featured by the network link. You don't have to add them all, and especially not the outdated. If you could click a category and the it shows up on GEboards.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Sorry, buddy, but I replied on Mickeys initial post...

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Mickey View Post
    I like that idea. It might take longer, but I think it would avoid some of the clutter if you just added a whole bunch of them all at once.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Hornblower View Post
    I am not happy with the idea...
    Hello Captain Hornblower

I would like to know why you made such a lot of Maredo and Block House advertising. Do you make this for hobby, free meals or payment?

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

http://www.gearthhacks.com/forums/sh...8&postcount=23

And please tell me why I have to justify myself...

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by Felippo View Post
    Hello Captain Hornblower

I would like to know why you made such a lot of Maredo and Block House advertising. Do you make this for hobby, free meals or payment?
    I've added a whole bunch of McDonald's and Chick-Fil-A, but for no reason other than to populate it with good data. I think having a lot of that kind of stuff in there could be very useful over time.