Thread: Plane in Saudi Desert discussion

Default Plane in Saudi Desert discussion

This is a discussion thread for the following file:

Plane in Saudi Desert

A strange plane outline in the Saudi desert.

Looks to me like someone made an outline of a plane with a bunch of old tires

Omg the aircraft carries WMDs! I've seen them with my own eyes!

Hope the guy who made it will never get trouble for it. I heard lunch in guantanamo isn't that good.
    Hi!

Default Hey, you found my plane!

Dear Hacks:

The least you could do is link to it in the GEC. Don't give the impression you found this yourself: http://bbs.keyhole.com/ubb/showflat....c=1&PHPSESSID= And by the way, Forkboy is right.

Diane9247
    Last edited by diane9247; 11-04-2008 at 05:17 AM.

Super Moderator Captain Hornblower's Avatar

Your plane?

Software is like entropy. It is difficult to grasp, weighs nothing, and obeys the second law of thermodynamics; i.e., it always increases.
    Norman R. Augustine

You need to stop with the "my plane" crud. Honestly, there was a stage in my life (that was like 2 years ago) where I didn't realize giving credit for this stuff was wrong, but now I do, and I always give credit to the people who found things. Now, this is one of the files I found ON MY OWN. I don't ever go to the BBS (GEC) forums anymore because a large chunk of you are quite disrespectful and make unfounded assumptions. SO keep "your plane" to yourself, no one really cares if you found it a month before me.
    ٩(̾●̮̮̃̾Ľ̃̾)۶

Default Saudi plane

You found it "ON YOUR OWN?" Don't you enable the Community layer when you're on GE? If you had, my placemark at the site would have been a clear indication that you needed to use the common courtesy of crediting the original poster.

Super Moderator

You have to stop with your "my find". It's totally wrong. Just because at Google Sightseeing they mention your name it doesn't say you were first to find it. Next to our community yours are most known so it's easy to mention a "finder".

How about finds by our members? We have seen a lot of "our find" appearing at other communities, even before we mods have approved it. For me and my fellow mods/members it's OK because we spread "our" finds out around the world.

Beside I have seen "your find" at other communities too so please search and contact them too.

If you will call it "your find" and a copyright you should contact the authorities and maybe a lawyer to help you.

Quote Originally Posted by diane9247 View Post
    You found it "ON YOUR OWN?" Don't you enable the Community layer when you're on GE? If you had, my placemark at the site would have been a clear indication that you needed to use the common courtesy of crediting the original poster.
    Don't we all have more important things to worry about.

Also, doesn't is usually take several days or even weeks for a post at the BBS to show up under Community Layer?
    Last edited by Appletom; 11-11-2008 at 04:00 PM.
    Matt Fox

Quote Originally Posted by diane9247 View Post
    Don't you enable the Community layer when you're on GE?
    No.

GEarth with the Google Earth Community layer turned on is extremely annoying with all the thousands and thousands of duplicate placemarks.

I believe this "placemark pollution" has been mentioned once or twice on the GEC forum.

Look everyone. Let's just keep the discussion on the airplane made of tires. As Appletom said, we've had this sort of thing before, So how about we just drop it?
    Check out the Only Google Earth Wiki on the internet.

Google Earth Wiki

Have a look at my EarthSwoop Collections