The Bulford Kiwi discussion
This is a discussion thread for the following file:
The Bulford Kiwi
The kiwi was constructed to commemorate the now gone Sling campís First World War New Zealand Troop occupation (Feb-March 1919.) This was carried out by the New Zealand Canterbury Battalion Engineers from a design drawn by Percy Blenkarne. The kiwi was looked after by the Kiwi polish Co for a while as an advert, it was covered during WWII particularly important considering its proximity to the military camp. The kiwi was neglected and was nearly lost in the 70s and 80s but was restored in 1986. There is a memorial plaque on the site unveiled in 1986. The kiwi is now attended to annually.