Thread: Your Firefox Bookmarks

Default Your Firefox Bookmarks

As mentioned in the Add On's thread, I am between projects which leaves me with too much time on my hands.

Firefox has a nice row between the url box and the tabs - the row of bookmarks. Generally, I'm guessing most Firefox user run them left to right as the most visited sites. And if you right click on one and choose "Properties", you can shorten the default text, allowing for more top row bookmarks. I have 15 visible.

My home page is a members only site for Photo Labs and Studios.

My first tab (far left tab) is GEH. I modified the url to be http://www.gearthhacks.com/forums/search.php?do=getnew - that way it takes me straight to the unread threads.

Tab 2 - Flyer Talk - a site for aviation and travel geeks. I believe this is the largest vBulletin board in the world. About 8.6 million posts in 721,644 threads by over 153,425 members

3 - USAToday Travel. Ben Mutzabaugh's blog is a must read.

4 - BlogSouthwest.com - Southwest Airlines recently won the Platinum PR award for best corporate communications.

5 - PanosFX.com - A site for Photoshop junkies. Panos is the world's premier Photoshop Actions master.

6 - WZ2K.com - A website for web designers with a subsection for Photoshop junkies. Like GEH and Flyer Talk, WZ2K also has a vBulletin forum.

7 - PMA Newsline - News from the photo world, updated Monday through Friday.

8 - Google.com - No comment needed, when you need a web search, you need a web search.

9 - USPS.com - I link straight to the United States Postal Service login page. I send a LOT of Priority mail.

10 - Another members only photo industry website.

11 - National Hurricane Center - This one's seasonal, in another few weeks I will religate it to the sidebar and bring it to the top next June.

12 - Mio GPS Forum - My friend Robin started a forum for Mio 310x owners.

13 - Sudoku.org.uk - The best online Sudoku site in the whole internet. Monday's puzzles are easy, then they get more challenging until Sunday's puzzles, which are severe. I like the Jigsaw Sudoku.

14 - 30 Games In 30 Nights - Steve Williamson has spent two years preparing to watch 30 hockey games, one each in all 30 NHL arenas, in 30 days. I'm not a hockey fan, but I enjoy reading about cool travel tricks - and this one's really cool. This will roll off my top row after it's all over. But hats off to Steve for being the first to ever attempt this.

15 - Flight Memory - This is cool, you enter in all the flights you've taken and it builds a map and creates stats for you. My flight memory can be found here - I've flown almost eight times around the world, I've made it 80% of the distance to the moon, and I've spent 447 hours on 205 flights. I still need to enter all of my flights from 2000 to 2005.
    Last edited by Appletom; 11-05-2007 at 04:31 PM.

GEH ranks #7 here...

I use this bookmark bar totally different :P

I moved my bookmark folder into the row of bookmarks. So my 1st tab contains all my bookmarks. It's the way I'm accustomed from using Netscape over years.

Nearly all the other tabs are folders too. I've 3 - 20 bookmarks of the same subject combined into one tab (Music, P2P, GE etc.). Besides I've some RSS feeds in this bar.
    Hi!

Talking

Got nothing but new tab, new window, and Google Bookmarks add-on on my beautiful uncluttered bar.

timnutt.blogspot.com
    for everything in life